S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Posers - Fake S55's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally posted by JamE55
Chappy

How about Kleemann stickers?
How much?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Chappy
How much?
Five dollar per letters. :o
Old 04-13-2004, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I don't have that much. To save money, give me KLEMAN
Old 04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!

Try selling your soul. That's what i did.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by JamE55
Try selling your soul. That's what i did.
Ha! You ARE a devil! :v
Old 04-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Ha! You ARE a devil! :v
thank you
Old 04-13-2004, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have that much. To save money, give me KLEMAN
You should have the money- you bought a CLK55- and they're a few thousand less even compared to a lowly S430. Last time I checked the CLK is too small, I have big feet.
Maybe you should take the CLK badge off..
Old 04-13-2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by sportlichE430
Thanks for your comment.
Maybe there should be a different badge for those with AMG bodykits vs. AMG tuning.
Not really, since AMG are about tuning and the odd bumpers and alloys they do are hardly a large part of their cars to warrant a seperate styling unit.

Have you debadged your S55? Don't think the folks in Affalterbach tuned your engine to drive on the wrong side of the road. Or maybe you should move the AMG emblem on the left side of the trunk...
Nope haven't debadged it, I think the public deserve to see how a real AMG looks and goes.

Although, there is the possibility of debadging it and grinning profoundly as AMG Pretenders™ locate a Mercedes with no AMG badge and then attempt to defeat it, only to be embarrassingly decimated in a cloud of 500bhp dust.

Enjoy this image as its the only end you will ever see.

Old 04-13-2004, 06:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gurdas
[B]Not really, since AMG are about tuning and the odd bumpers and alloys they do are hardly a large part of their cars to warrant a seperate styling unit.

Nope haven't debadged it, I think the public deserve to see how a real AMG looks and goes.

Although, there is the possibility of debadging it and grinning profoundly as AMG Pretenders™ locate a Mercedes with no AMG badge and then attempt to defeat it, only to be embarrassingly decimated in a cloud of 500bhp dust.

Gurdas,
I've seen the image of the US $110k sticker, and if I wanted a fast car, I'd use the $30k diff. towards a Corvette L05- but I'm not in mid-life crisis stage yet...

Undeniably nice ride, however, I still don't know why AMG went to a 4 tailpipe "look", it certainly does not increase flow, I remember seeing something like that on my cousin in-law's 1994 Pontiac Bonneville SS or was it a Cadillac Seville?

I say debadge the S55 or you are a poser too (also concerned with impressing others)

Last edited by sportlichE430; 04-13-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:19 PM

I say debadge the S55 or you are a poser too (also concerned with impressing others)
Now why would he want to debadge a genuine S55? Fair enough if it was a 320 tarted up trying to be something it's not, but this is the real thing. It's like a woman dressing up as a man, it's not right.

I fail to see how you can perceive him as a poser, when it is you who are obviously trying to be the one posing by labelling your car up so that people think it's something it isn't. Jealous?

Last edited by tommy_boy2k4; 04-13-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sportlichE430
[B]
Originally posted by gurdas

Why? This is a factory stock car, its a genuine AMG, its not trying to be something its not. If you think by debadging this S55 it will impress people less, you have it very wrong my friend. Its whats underneath this car that impresses, not some $10 AMG badge you bought off ebay.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by tommy_boy2k4
Now why would he want to debadge a genuine S55? Fair enough if it was a 320 tarted up trying to be something it's not, but this is the real thing. It's like a woman dressing up as a man, it's not right.

Tommy_boy,

What's wrong with a woman dressing up as a man? You should know if she is really a woman. Or maybe you don't...sorry.

My AMG emblem reflects that I own AMG elements, albeit now only 19" 215 staggered wheels. If I replace my wheels with Lorinsers, I will replace the emblem.

PS: Yes, gurdas, you boldly display an emblem which anyone can buy on ebay for $10, you should get over that, when you flatter yourself, you should not be upset.
Say, for example, if I owned some collectible Gibson guitars. I would not be upset that there are plenty of imitators. I would know my Gibson guitars are authentic, and that's all that matters to me.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:13 AM

I fail to see how you can perceive him as a poser, when it is you who are obviously trying to be the one posing by labelling your car up so that people think it's something it isn't. Jealous?
Tommy Boy,
I'd like to be jealous of your car, too. Is it your dad's car? Have him tell you about a woman dressing up as a man vs. a man dressing up as a woman..
Old 04-14-2004, 11:18 AM

Tommy Boy,
I'd like to be jealous of your car, too. Is it your dad's car? Have him tell you about a woman dressing up as a man vs. a man dressing up as a woman..
I'm 18, hence yes I am old enough to drive. My first car (when I was 17) was a BMW 320iSE, I now drive a BMW M Coupé (Dinan tuned) and a Mercedes SL55 AMG F1. Neither of which are my Dads. He has his own cars.

I see you completely missed my point in my previous post. See now you realised you shouldn't have missed out on those reading lessons.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:21 AM

PS: Yes, gurdas, you boldly display an emblem which anyone can buy on ebay for $10, you should get over that, when you flatter yourself, you should not be upset.
Say, for example, if I owned some collectible Gibson guitars. I would not be upset that there are plenty of imitators. I would know my Gibson guitars are authentic, and that's all that matters to me.
Im not upset, its amusing how people pretend their cars are something they are not. AMG are a car tuning company, not a styling company. The badge on your car is misleading, it suggests you have an AMG underneath but it isn't, its a bog standard Mercedes engine am I right?

I think it would make your car and image look better if you removed the AMG badges from a non AMG car.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:56 PM

I'm 18, hence yes I am old enough to drive. My first car (when I was 17) was a BMW 320iSE, I now drive a BMW M Coupé (Dinan tuned) and a Mercedes SL55 AMG F1. Neither of which are my Dads. He has his own cars.

I see you completely missed my point in my previous post. See now you realised you shouldn't have missed out on those reading lessons.
You must be some prodigy. I'll be jealous when I see some legit pics of your cars.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:04 PM

Was kind of expecting that, so here's some pics:

I apologise, but my M coupé is away for tuning at the moment, but I can get some pictures upon it's return if you insist. The Elise in the photos is my Sisters.

Last edited by tommy_boy2k4; 04-14-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by gurdas
Im not upset, its amusing how people pretend their cars are something they are not. AMG are a car tuning company, not a styling company. The badge on your car is misleading, it suggests you have an AMG underneath but it isn't, its a bog standard Mercedes engine am I right?

I think it would make your car and image look better if you removed the AMG badges from a non AMG car.
Zu endlich, Vielen Dank for your comments.
Think I should chisel out the AMG stamped on my wheels, too?
Why don't you cross the pond and tell AMG what kind of a company they are and that they should stop selling/marking aftermarket wheels, spoilers, etc. I'm sure they'll listen to you, you paid for (or are paying for) an S55!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:15 PM

Zu endlich, Vielen Dank for your comments.
Think I should chisel out the AMG stamped on my wheels, too?
Why don't you cross the pond and tell AMG what kind of a company they are and that they should stop selling/marking aftermarket wheels, spoilers, etc. I'm sure they'll listen to you, you paid for (or are paying for) an S55!
Eh? I don't care if it says AMG on the wheels, I have no problem with AMG kits, I think they look smart. But labelling your car as an AMG when it isn't? Thats not on

Do not try and put words into my mouth again, thankyou.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Out Of Control!

Was kind of expecting that, so here's some pics:
I apologise, but my M coupé is away for tuning at the moment, but I can get some pictures upon it's return if you insist. The Elise in the photos is my Sisters.
Jay-Z: If you feelin like a pimp n***a gone brush yo shoulders off...lol
Old 04-15-2004, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Gurdas I understand your proud of your fathers car but..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gurdas
[B]Not really, since AMG are about tuning and the odd bumpers and alloys they do are hardly a large part of their cars to warrant a seperate styling unit.

How and why do you write about your dads car, as if it was yours??
I'm not trying to be antagonistic ( I agree w/everything you've been saying) but it's not your car you don't even drive it so what's the point??
Old 04-15-2004, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I forgot to add the badging point

that's what kind of what pushed me to write this, It's not even your choice to do anything with that S55 accept to look at it in the drive way and wait for your dad to give you a ride???
I don't get it you act like it's yours but openly admit it's your dads and that's commendable honesty but lay off the act.....
Old 04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Tommy boy nice rides

That's the Way to back it up......
Old 04-15-2004, 07:01 AM

Re: I forgot to add the badging point

Originally posted by thericker55
that's what kind of what pushed me to write this, It's not even your choice to do anything with that S55 accept to look at it in the drive way and wait for your dad to give you a ride???
I don't get it you act like it's yours but openly admit it's your dads and that's commendable honesty but lay off the act.....
Did you ever consider I may be insured on it?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Can there be a separte forum for poseurs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Posers - Fake S55's