S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S55 Xentry DAS emissions HELP

Old 04-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
S55 Xentry DAS emissions HELP

2005 S55, pulley, tune, headers, no cats.

I followed the thread which describes how to disable sec air, o2s, egr, etc. I have a bad sec air pump which throws a CEL but still sets readiness.
I disabled sec air in DAS. Would disabling sec air cause oxygen sensors not be set? I have no other CEL other than sec air.

I have all monitors set except for o2s, htr, cat. They won't set for some reason, even if I disable them in DAS. If I re enable sec air and reset the computer, all monitors eventually set but it throws a CEL for sec air, which prevents me from inspecting it.
​​​​​​
From what I have read, disabling certain things in DAS should make the monitors ready, but it doesnt. I'm at a loss and don't understand what the hangup is. any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
E420
I would try the e55 forum they have lots of info on star.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Exclamation

Up until today STAR did not help me because it would not set the other monitors BUT i have found a loop hole that works.

After ECU reset and driving the car for over 200 miles...still nothing set
EVAP, AIR, O2S, HRT and CAT wont set.

I was bored and sick of it and happened to try the following. I did the following with the car in the garage.

1. With car off, I pulled the N relay for sec air, started car and shut off. Scanned it with code scanner I/M sec air READY but has pending sec air code. Plugged N relay back in.

2. Disconnected evap purge valve, started car and shut it off. Scanned it... Immediately it set O2S and CAT as READY with pending evap code. Plugged evap back in.

3. Disconnected passanger side primary O2, started the car and shut it off. It set EVAP as ready. Plugged it back in.

So there you have it, this set everything except for HTR as long as there are no issues with any components. Pending codes don't matter as long as they don't come back and trigger a CEL. I think unplugging the rear O2s, starting it and shutting it off, plugging it back in might set HTR to READY.

I'm off to inspection with 3 pending codes and no CEL and with 7 out of 8 as ready.