S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Help Dealer Scam!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Dealer Scam!!

My 2003 S55 was towed to the white plains meredes benz dealership 2 weeks ago for repairs, since a person driving a 2000 BMW 325ci feel asleep and crashed into me. Now, this is what really really upsets me. The car went in with 3126 miles and came out with 3948 miles. What can I do?? Obviously somebody took the car out. Please advise! Any help would be appreciated.

I already lefted a voice for the owner of the dealership.. what can i do? legally? what repayment should i be asking for? Thanks!!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Re: Help Dealer Scam!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by a9jlu
[B]My 2003 S55 was towed to the white plains meredes benz dealership 2 weeks ago for repairs, since a person driving a 2000 BMW 325ci feel asleep and crashed into me. Now, this is what really really upsets me. The car went in with 3126 miles and came out with 3948 miles. What can I do?? Obviously somebody took the car out. Please advise! Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have documentation proving your mileage claim or is it just what you remember being? w/out the repair receipt backing up your mileage statement you'll have nothing, having said that I think you have a serious issue here 822 miles is not a trip around the block I would be livid! I would take the car back to the servicing dealership and have a serious talk w/ General Manager
and see what he's willing to offer.

Did you immediately bring the car back right after you realized the extra mileage and show it to someone at the dealership? basicaly how long have you had the car back since noticing the extra miles? Good luck, and don't let them off easy.....
Old 05-19-2004, 02:28 AM

Re: Re: Help Dealer Scam!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thericker55
[B]
Originally posted by a9jlu
My 2003 S55 was towed to the white plains meredes benz dealership 2 weeks ago for repairs, since a person driving a 2000 BMW 325ci feel asleep and crashed into me. Now, this is what really really upsets me. The car went in with 3126 miles and came out with 3948 miles. What can I do?? Obviously somebody took the car out. Please advise! Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have documentation proving your mileage claim or is it just what you remember being? w/out the repair receipt backing up your mileage statement you'll have nothing, having said that I think you have a serious issue here 822 miles is not a trip around the block I would be livid! I would take the car back to the servicing dealership and have a serious talk w/ General Manager
and see what he's willing to offer.

Did you immediately bring the car back right after you realized the extra mileage and show it to someone at the dealership? basicaly how long have you had the car back since noticing the extra miles? Good luck, and don't let them off easy.....
the pre-serive mileage was documented by the service advisor himself and is clearly stated on the repair order that I have in my possession.. the only questionable part is the mileage in and the mileage out are the same value.. which means i might have a problem proving that I did not drive the 800 miles myself.... i plan to bring the car in tomorrow morning... it's pretty impossible for me to put on 800 miles from 6pm last night to 8am this morning.. i guess i will have to wait and see what the people say..

plus, i took a photograph on the mileage and the time as soon as i realized, around 10PM.

the car was picked up last night at 6pm.. i'm going to talk to them tomorrow morning 8AM
Old 05-19-2004, 02:54 AM

WOW.

You have legal recourse on this. A person on one of my message boards brought their highly modified '03 cobra in for service and one mechanic took it for a joyride then bragged about it on the internet and it just so happens the owner saw it, the guy was fired and the owner of the car was compensated, I believe they settled without even going to court. Consult an attorney and let the dealership know you have.

800+ miles is not excusable.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Help Dealer Scam!!

Originally posted by a9jlu
the pre-serive mileage was documented by the service advisor himself and is clearly stated on the repair order that I have in my possession.. the only questionable part is the mileage in and the mileage out are the same value.. which means i might have a problem proving that I did not drive the 800 miles myself.... i plan to bring the car in tomorrow morning... it's pretty impossible for me to put on 800 miles from 6pm last night to 8am this morning.. i guess i will have to wait and see what the people say..

plus, i took a photograph on the mileage and the time as soon as i realized, around 10PM.

the car was picked up last night at 6pm.. i'm going to talk to them tomorrow morning 8AM
That is seriously bad of the dealership, you have proof there, also say that you have several witnesses of the millage at the time you took the photo. Does the photograph contain the date/time it was taken?

I think you have a pretty solid case there, I know its a fast car but there is no way you done atleast 200mph for 4 hours between 6pm-10pm
Old 05-21-2004, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Wow! Sorry to hear that! Whenever I look at the reciept, the in and out is ALWAYS the same, but when I look at the odometer it's always 5 miles or so more.
Keep us informed please!

Last edited by MB AMG; 05-21-2004 at 09:29 PM.