S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Passenger muffler rattle internal S63 Bi-turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 s63
Passenger muffler rattle internal S63 Bi-turbo

Hi all! I'm hoping that someone can help me with some information about what appears to be a broken baffle in the passenger rear muffler on my 2011 S63 Bi-Turbo W221. I have less than 50k and this evening, I noticed that when I put the car in reverse at the gas station and went to move back slightly towards the pump, there was a rattle sound heard. I wasn't sure if it was from my car and tried to duplicate a second time without any noise. When driving home, I heard it once when accelerating and making a right turn from a Stop sign. Has anyone else had this problem and did it require the entire exhaust system replacement? I don't think that its coming from the catalytic converters because I hear it loudest at the muffler itself when I lie on the floor in the back. Maybe a service bulletin or product update is available? I'm almost positive that the dealership will not arrange any assistance even though I also pay for service with them as well...

UPDATE: Couldn't wait till morning and went under car to inspect...found small thin bracket that mounts to both pipes directly behind rear differential cover rotted and broke apart on one side....will order one tomorrow

Last edited by khom936702; 07-16-2018 at 10:52 PM.