S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2004 S55 Fuel Leak (?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s55
Unhappy 2004 S55 Fuel Leak (?)

in the process of tracking down the fuel leak on my newly acquired S55. Initially when inspecting the car prior to purchase, i saw some dripping gas dripping from the low points of the fuel filter. No big deal, new fuel line and clamp should fix it, and ordered a new fuel filter for good measure, will be here on Friday.

But, after i filled up yesterday, the leak is much worse, and upon further investigation i can see that the leak is actually originating somewhere from within/near the undercarriage body panels or something, as i when i wipe the area dry and within a few minutes i see fuel accumulating along the body ABOVE the fuel pump/filter area, and it seems to simply be running down the holding brackets to the lowest point (pump/filter) with gravity.

I cant find much documentation on the layout of fuel line routing, and i know that there is an EVAP canister that may be contributing to the problem, AND i have an appt to bring it to my indy next week, but i'd really like to know if anyone has experienced this issue or anything similar before. Any help is appreciated!

here is the link to the video i took of the issue, it was too large to upload.

http://dylanconklin.com/docs/IMG_5242.mov