S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

White Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
This is one hell of a sweet ride! I saw many nice MBs when I was over in Tokyo for the past two weeks. I stayed in the Roppongi Hills area and saw many AMGs.

Does the MB Nav allow you to use Kokudou instead of Kousokudourou? I know most of the aftermarket Japanese Navigation systems allow that. That would be a major factor for using an aftermarket system as you probably know how congested and expensive the highways are.

I wish I could have a setup like yours with those FUNCTIONAL cell phone and Nav systems. I guess some people on this forum does not understand that there are differences in culture and beliefs in different parts of the world.

By the way, do you plan to get those light in the dark license plates? And do you know how they work?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by S_kLaSse
Nice car I must say.
The audio thingy is more to personal likeness and needness.
Japan's navigation is the BEST, it shows all those details including the buildings.

just my thought:
Black chromed all those chromes on the car. So that it matches your wheel and the tint.
I was thinking to paint the chromes to black, however, black paint is easy to chip. I tried that on my E36 M3.
Check out my M3.
Attached Thumbnails White Pictures-save.jpg   White Pictures-save.jpg  
Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
This is one hell of a sweet ride! I saw many nice MBs when I was over in Tokyo for the past two weeks. I stayed in the Roppongi Hills area and saw many AMGs.

Does the MB Nav allow you to use Kokudou instead of Kousokudourou? I know most of the aftermarket Japanese Navigation systems allow that. That would be a major factor for using an aftermarket system as you probably know how congested and expensive the highways are.

I wish I could have a setup like yours with those FUNCTIONAL cell phone and Nav systems. I guess some people on this forum does not understand that there are differences in culture and beliefs in different parts of the world.

By the way, do you plan to get those light in the dark license plates? And do you know how they work?

Hello there,

Yes, there are many AMGs, but majority of them are AMG looks(real AMG is just too expensive here in Japan). Japanese likes to make regular MB looks like AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsoon or MKB.

By the way, I did not get your last question.

Last edited by WhiteBulletS55; 09-15-2004 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by WhiteBulletS55
By the way, I did not get your last question.
I saw some license plates in Japan where the letters on the plate will light up. Are you interested in those?

By the way, where did you get those pillows? Were they custom made? I was at Super AutoBacs last week but didn't find too much nice AMG stuff.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
I saw some license plates in Japan where the letters on the plate will light up. Are you interested in those?

By the way, where did you get those pillows? Were they custom made? I was at Super AutoBacs last week but didn't find too much nice AMG stuff.
Oh, I understand.
I think it is really fool to put that on. I mean, police car can reconized your car so easy. Speeding Maniac like me won't put that on.

Next time when you get to Roppongi Hills, go to this store
http://www.aoyama-pitin.co.jp/
they have it.
They are located nearby Roppongi Hills.

Autobacs don't have goods for imported cars.

Chao

Last edited by WhiteBulletS55; 09-15-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I might end up going to Kyoto University next year for my PhD so it will be good to know what plates not to get

I will definitely pay the shop a visit when I visit Japan again in January.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 AM

too many to list
The color is nice and the wheels too, however, the window add-ons and window spoiler along with the interior are not my taste, but to each his own. Just wondering, on the first page of this thread you said your driver drives the S500 but it isnt in your list of cars? Just curious...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hussain
The color is nice and the wheels too, however, the window add-ons and window spoiler along with the interior are not my taste, but to each his own. Just wondering, on the first page of this thread you said your driver drives the S500 but it isnt in your list of cars? Just curious...
Too bad、that you don't like my S55. If you don't like it, just ignore my thread.

S500 is register under my company's name.
I am sorry, I do not list my company's cars as a list of private cars、or do you?
Plus, I do not list every vehicle that I own. Are you happy?

Last edited by WhiteBulletS55; 09-23-2004 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:36 AM

300E
I really don't think Hussain was being mean or anything negative. He was commenting on your car, what he likes and don't. Then he said "to each his own", sounds to me like 'maybe it's not his taste'.
The curiousness he has might be what other cars you have that you didn't list, since your S500 was not listed, you might have 760Li or Bentley that you didn't list. See..... he was just being curious...

You got nice cars. I envy you, I really do. I am sure other members are too.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by akbro93704
To make it simple, the LWB is the only variant available in the US, no reason to hate correcting that either, not everyone is a S-class enthusiast like you

I'll never understand and get used to US's Mercedes politics.
MPH, 91 octans, 130mph speed limit, additional side lights in bumpers, HUUGE mark-ups over sticker, and now LWB only... what next?
Or Japan - wind deflectors as an option
don't get me wrong - i don't want to offence anyone, but i thank God i live in Europe. everything is so ordinary :p

[yes, yes i know - each region has its own culture and uniqueness.. but... ]
Old 09-26-2004, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kubazzz

I'll never understand and get used to US's Mercedes politics.
MPH, 91 octans, 130mph speed limit, additional side lights in bumpers, HUUGE mark-ups over sticker, and now LWB only... what next?
Or Japan - wind deflectors as an option
don't get me wrong - i don't want to offence anyone, but i thank God i live in Europe. everything is so ordinary :p

[yes, yes i know - each region has its own culture and uniqueness.. but... ]
Add to the fact that in the UK, LWB means you get park, heated rear seats, electric rear rollerblind and reclinable rear seats as standard:p