S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2011 S63 Transmission Software Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
2011 S63 Transmission Software Update

Hello all,
I have a 2011 Mercedes S63 and I am having some issues with the transmission. The transmission wet clutch operation if quite jerky in stop and go traffic. The issue is somewhat intermittent. Sometimes the wet clutch works perfectly smoothly and other times it is jerky. I started by flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter as well as the wet clutch solenoid in the valve body, which did not fix the issue. I checked the engine for vacuum leaks since there was a TSB stating that vacuum leaks could lead to incorrect engine load calculations which are required for the wet clutch to work properly and found none. The transmission shifts through all gears very smoothly and is only problematic when starting off from a stop.

I read various TSB's stating that incompatible engine and transmission software versions could lead to odd wet clutch behavior. I attached photos of the control unit versions for the ECU and TCU. Is anyone able to let me know if I have the latest version of each control unit software? It would be helpful to know before I spend time and money taking it to the dealer. Thanks in advance! The VIN is WDDNG7EB9BA375828.