S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Sunshades - Silly thing, but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 09:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S55 AMG
Sunshades - Silly thing, but....

OK - this may sound a little OCD, but....my sunshades in the front dont flip all the way up against the roof....they hang down almost horizontal, and because I am a tall dude they are in my vision, sort of. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and fixed it? I am going to attempt to take them off and see what can be done - but thought I would ask
Old 05-03-2024, 12:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
2003 S55 AMG, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Originally Posted by FL_S55AMG
OK - this may sound a little OCD, but....my sunshades in the front dont flip all the way up against the roof....they hang down almost horizontal, and because I am a tall dude they are in my vision, sort of. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and fixed it? I am going to attempt to take them off and see what can be done - but thought I would ask
Not silly at all! Mine used to drive me nuts. I have to smack my driver's side one upward and then it stays put. I'd replace it but I have Java interior and they're harder to find. When I first bought my car the passenger side wouldn't stay up at all. Going by memory here, I did take it apart and the rod that goes through the visor had what appeared to be dried up graphite lubricant, which made it unwilling to rotate that tiny bit to stay in the upward position. I cleaned up the rod with WD40 and gave it a very light coat of lithium grease and so far it's been working fine. When I say light, I mean very light so it doesn't get onto the fabric surface when going back together. I vaguely recall the rod not wanting to come out easily. If you have a common interior color I'd just replace it.
The following users liked this post:
FL_S55AMG (05-07-2024)