S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Need help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help please

I have a 2005 S55 AMG. Whenever I turn on Navigation or Cell Phone, the radio or CD player (what ever I was listening to last) will turn on.

For example, with power off, I press the “Cell” button and the radio turns on and it jumps to the cell phone screen. Jumping to the cell phone screen is perfect but I can’t figure out when the radio or CD goes on as well.

Second example: with power off, I get an incoming call, screen warns me of incoming call and I can either accept or reject…lets say I accept then the call is connected and I use the hands free to speak to the person. I then hang up the call and the radio is now on. So incoming calls also turn the radio or CD on.

This seems like a big oversight if you cannot turn it off. Does anyone else have this experience or a fix? According to Mercedes there is not way to turn this “feature” off.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C400, BMW X3
CL 600 is the same

My CL 600 behaves the same way. I agree it is not the way I would have designed it, but I suppose the logic is that you are expected to have the command system on at all times.