S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Confused about what direction I should go? (Coilovers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 282 Likes on 228 Posts
'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE
I understand your frustration at times, but there are plenty of companies that make coilovers for our cars. However thats not the issue, its the ride quality, no sway bars, not designed originally for a system like that.

The ABC system i agree can be cumbersome to work on, however once its properly sorted you shouldn't have a single issue with it for 100K miles. Simple flushes and accumulator replacements at intervals should keep the system working flawlessly.

- Joe
It does... it's not really a "should" issue in my experience... but you're on the long end of the curve DIYing it. I've always kept a dealer or a shop on the hook for that work.

maw

Last edited by maw1124; Today at 09:33 AM.
Old Today, 11:51 AM

Received 360 Likes on 248 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Fellow S 55 owner here and ABC lover. In any brand forum, it seems the naysayers of the active hydraulic or air systems are those people that don’t do any maintenance, or can’t afford the maintenance. The systems are actually very easily to logically work through and as most have mentioned, it’s all about good fluid and good seals. The only unfortunate part is that the OEM parts are harder to find and more expensive than ever but truly the ride from these types of systems are unmatched.

we are here to help at any step of the way and there are “bibles” of ahc that are linked elsewhere on the site and address just about everything you can imagine.