Renntech vs Eurocharged vs Weistec Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 04:17 AM
bWo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C217 s63
Renntech vs Eurocharged vs Weistec Tune

Has anyone here gone and tuned their S63? I was looking between the Renntech, Eurocharged and Weistec tunes for my 2017 S63 M157

Stock: 577hp 664 lb/ft torque
Renntech: 669hp 734 lb/ft torque $2980usd
Eurocharged: 667hp 760 lb/ft torque $1699usd (For the ECU Tune. Is the TCU tune necessary?)
Weistec: 715hp 777 lb/ft torque $2299 (including the cypher handheld tuner)

Which one is the best from your guys' experience? Renntech is the most expensive and I've heard it is very reliable due to being started by former AMG people. EC and Weistec I have not heard as much about but the price difference for similar/better performance is intriguing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 346 Posts
MB’s
Renntech is most expensive but I would say most experienced. Eurocharged is great value. They also have many locations! Not too familiar with Weistec but I know they tune a lot of turbocharged cars. If it was me I would probably go with Renntech or Eurocharged. I have my CL600 tuned by Eurocharged. No issues.

Do any of them recommend a new and deeper transmission pan? Or anything else for dealing with the massive power gains?
Old 10-09-2023, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GL 63
Originally Posted by bWo
Has anyone here gone and tuned their S63? I was looking between the Renntech, Eurocharged and Weistec tunes for my 2017 S63 M157

Stock: 577hp 664 lb/ft torque
Renntech: 669hp 734 lb/ft torque $2980usd
Eurocharged: 667hp 760 lb/ft torque $1699usd (For the ECU Tune. Is the TCU tune necessary?)
Weistec: 715hp 777 lb/ft torque $2299 (including the cypher handheld tuner)

Which one is the best from your guys' experience? Renntech is the most expensive and I've heard it is very reliable due to being started by former AMG people. EC and Weistec I have not heard as much about but the price difference for similar/better performance is intriguing. Any advice would be appreciated.

hello! I work with Eurocharged Boston and I just wanted to answer your question about our tune specifically. You do not need a TCU tune when you get the ECU tune. It has its benefits, especially on your platform- but it’s absolutely not a requirement to run with the ECU tune. When you’re ready to shave some time off your runs, it’s a great upgrade, as it makes your car much more nimble by providing faster shifting and unlocking additional torque.

Feel free to reach out to us at sales@EurochargedBoston.com and we can get you a discounted quote and answer any questions you have!
Old 10-10-2023, 12:45 AM
bWo

C217 s63
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Renntech is most expensive but I would say most experienced. Eurocharged is great value. They also have many locations! Not too familiar with Weistec but I know they tune a lot of turbocharged cars. If it was me I would probably go with Renntech or Eurocharged. I have my CL600 tuned by Eurocharged. No issues.

Do any of them recommend a new and deeper transmission pan? Or anything else for dealing with the massive power gains?
They dont, these are the first stage tunes so anything further recommends further modifications for other components
Old 10-10-2023, 12:46 AM
bWo

C217 s63
Originally Posted by ECBoston
hello! I work with Eurocharged Boston and I just wanted to answer your question about our tune specifically. You do not need a TCU tune when you get the ECU tune. It has its benefits, especially on your platform- but it’s absolutely not a requirement to run with the ECU tune. When you’re ready to shave some time off your runs, it’s a great upgrade, as it makes your car much more nimble by providing faster shifting and unlocking additional torque.

Feel free to reach out to us at sales@EurochargedBoston.com and we can get you a discounted quote and answer any questions you have!
Perfect, I am leaning towards the EC tune. What are the main differences between the stage 1 and stage 2 ECU Tunes? I am also up in Canada, does EC have a Canadian office?
Old 06-18-2024, 12:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
NA
Hi, what did you end up decided on?