S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

Does the 2018 or later S63 Coupe Support Remote Start and Remote Cooling?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2024, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
992 GT3 RS, 675LT Spider, 992 S/T, F90 M5 Stage 2
Does the 2018 or later S63 Coupe Support Remote Start and Remote Cooling?

Hi All,

I have my eye on an s63 coupe yellow night edition. The car is for Dubai which is very hot.

As the interior is black I would need to use the app to cool the interior before using the car. This is a deal breaker for me.

The car seems to be fully loaded with:
HIGH END STEREO
KEYLESS-GO PACKAGE
AIR QUALITY PACKAGE
EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE
LIGHT PACKAGE (FFO)
PARKING PACKAGE HIGH
AMG NIGHT PACKAGE, EXTERIOR ACTIVE
COMFORT PACKAGE
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION ANDROID AUTO
SPECIAL MODEL YELLOW ART EDITION AMG CONNECTIVITY PACKAGE PREMIUM SUMMER TIRES
HERMES - COMMUNICATION MODULE LTE

Is this a standard feature for the car or would it be included in the above please?

Thank you!
Old 07-21-2024, 04:23 AM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Hi All,

I have my eye on an s63 coupe yellow night edition. The car is for Dubai which is very hot.

As the interior is black I would need to use the app to cool the interior before using the car. This is a deal breaker for me.

The car seems to be fully loaded with:
HIGH END STEREO
KEYLESS-GO PACKAGE
AIR QUALITY PACKAGE
EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE
LIGHT PACKAGE (FFO)
PARKING PACKAGE HIGH
AMG NIGHT PACKAGE, EXTERIOR ACTIVE
COMFORT PACKAGE
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION ANDROID AUTO
SPECIAL MODEL YELLOW ART EDITION AMG CONNECTIVITY PACKAGE PREMIUM SUMMER TIRES
HERMES - COMMUNICATION MODULE LTE

Is this a standard feature for the car or would it be included in the above please?

Thank you!
Yes I can confirm in the USA the 2018 and later S-class supports remote start and remote cooling or heating and remote navigation map and software updates albeit you will need to have the Mercedes Me Mobile subscription activated ~$120 per year

Last edited by haa; 07-21-2024 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2024, 11:22 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Originally Posted by haa
Yes I can confirm in the USA the 2018 and later S-class supports remote start and remote cooling or heating and remote navigation map and software updates albeit you will need to have the Mercedes Me Mobile subscription activated ~$120 per year
If for whatever reason the Mercedes Me app coverage does not work in UAE, you can always install one of our Smartkey Starter remote start systems in your vehicle (extra vehicle key required for installation).
The SKSNG213 (new coverage) will give you the ability to remote start the vehicle from your vehicle key, and if you wanted to add smartphone control, you can do so via Direct Smart Start phone app.

Give us a call or send us an email to purchase one!
Old 07-22-2024, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,894 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by haa
One caveat if OP prefers an OEM solution instead of dealing with an aftermarket remote start requiring sacrificing a key fob that must be hidden in the car somewhere. The 2018s are still on the old mBrace/Mercedes me platform which is slowly getting discontinued. As far as I know, Remote Start has already been discontinued on the mBrace platform and can no longer be renewed once one's current subscription expires. The 2019s and newer are on the new Mercedes me connect platform as are all the latest current models, so this is the platform that'll be supported moving forward. Hence, if you don't want services to start getting discontinued if they haven't already been discontinued, then I would go with a 2019 or newer in order to be on the current online platform. BTW, Mercedes me/connect is also not available everywhere, but I believe it is available in the UAE, but keep in mind, the available services may differ between regions. Also, it seems a lot of used cars are getting imported to the UAE from elsewhere and Mercedes me/connect cannot be activated on those models as the backend will reject the out of market VIN. Must be a vehicle that was originally sold in the UAE to activate Mercedes me/connect.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-22-2024 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2024, 07:35 AM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by superswiss
One caveat if OP prefers an OEM solution instead of dealing with an aftermarket remote start requiring sacrificing a key fob that must be hidden in the car somewhere. The 2018s are still on the old mBrace/Mercedes me platform which is slowly getting discontinued. As far as I know, Remote Start has already been discontinued on the mBrace platform and can no longer be renewed once one's current subscription expires. The 2019s and newer are on the new Mercedes me connect platform as are all the latest current models, so this is the platform that'll be supported moving forward. Hence, if you don't want services to start getting discontinued if they haven't already been discontinued, then I would go with a 2019 or newer in order to be on the current online platform. BTW, Mercedes me/connect is also not available everywhere, but I believe it is available in the UAE, but keep in mind, the available services may differ between regions. Also, it seems a lot of used cars are getting imported to the UAE from elsewhere and Mercedes me/connect cannot be activated on those models as the backend will reject the out of market VIN. Must be a vehicle that was originally sold in the UAE to activate Mercedes me/connect.
I think you maybe off by 1 year! I thought the previous 3G mbrace system was discontinued in the S-class after 2017. Again it is my impression that 2018 and later S-Class have Mercedes Me 4G LTE modules and not the older 3G mbrace modules. I know that’s the fact on the 2019s. Perhaps someone that owns a 2018 can can confirm.

Last edited by haa; 07-23-2024 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,894 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by haa
I think you maybe off by 1 year! I thought the previous 3G mbrace system was discontinued in the S-class after 2017. Again it is my impression that 2018 and later S-Class have Mercedes Me 4G LTE modules and not the older 3G mbrace modules. I know that’s the fact on the 2019s. Perhaps someone that owns a 2018 can can confirm.
Two different things. LTE vs 3G is independent of the backend services. Yes the S Class and W213 have LTE, but prior to 2019 the backend services are still mBrace. Easiest way to tell is the 2019+ models have an entirely new phone app for Mercedes me.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-23-2024 at 10:36 AM.