S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

2016 S63 convertible - pre safe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63 amg convertible
2016 S63 convertible - pre safe

Hi all, i recently picked up a lovely S63 convertible, only 20k km on the clock. Car went to Mercedes for B service and came back sparkling... I had a long road trip over the weekend , about 1200km of Highway.
at a certain point i came across a heavy rain storm, visibility was close to none and call myself lucky to have found repair at a near gas station....

The morning after while highway cruising at 130km/h an alert popped up and the lane and steering assistance went off... the message on the dashboard saying "

Pre-Safe Inoperative See Owners Manual "

I wiped the windscreen and front bumper (the one on the left of the mercedes logo) sensors to see if any dirt would have caused the issue... but unfort the car still reporting the same message on the dashboard...

Any hint on what could have happened? don't really want to bring the car back to Mercedes...

Thanks for any help

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
it happens often for no reason. Usually when you shut the car off and lock it. then turn it back on it goes away
Old Today, 06:47 AM

Received 376 Likes on 261 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
I am in the United States, but recently went through all of the codes that have been stored in my car, and there were codes for these modules. They were soft codes alerting me to what happened when it went out of operation. Many times this is due to rain, infiltration in the connectors or the module but this time it logged the completely random occurrences as electrical interferences. It’s not something I have ever seen logged before and I wonder if it’s because of all of the 5G infrastructure they are putting everywhere. 5G also upsets my radar detector K a band, which previously never had random interferences. 5g is a total sham in that it creates more interference, requires more infrastructure, and you lose service on devices even when standing 100 feet from an antenna.