MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s63-amg-4matic-coupe-s65-amg-coupe-c217-convert-a217-193/)
-   -   S63 coupe vibration when warm..... (https://mbworld.org/forums/s63-amg-4matic-coupe-s65-amg-coupe-c217-convert-a217/734915-s63-coupe-vibration-when-warm.html)

cfoster 02-04-2019 04:43 AM

S63 coupe vibration when warm.....

Hi all, I picked up my 2014 S63 Coupe last week and been over the moon with her, a real pleasure to drive, tons of power (came from an M4) with an awesome interior....

One small thing I have noticed which I was wondering if it was a known issue.... I drove it for about 45 minutes a few days ago, only after this time ( I have only driven the odd mile here and there since buying, this was my first long journey) I noticed a vibration come from the left front side. It sounded a bit like when you apply brake pressure to drilled brake discs, however it definitely isn't anything to do with the brakes binding etc... It seemed to happen more if I shook the steering wheels from left to right and also decellerating primarily (noise was there on accelerating as well although not so prominent - could be the engine noise drowing it out though).

Any ideas? Could it be ball joint related given it does it moreso when moving steering wheel? Seems weird it only happens after long journeys, joints getting warm?

The car has done 38000 miles....

Thanks

okbarnett 02-04-2019 02:33 PM

vibration when driving, tire wheel balance , any vibration, pulsing when braking, rotor worn out. 38k should have had new rotors by now

cfoster 02-05-2019 04:12 AM

Yup only when driving, moreso over 30-40mph and coasting off throttle, noticed it after about 4 miles of driving yesterday, steering seems absolutely fine so can't see it being wheel balance. No vibrations in the car at all and no pulsing when braking. Rotors will need doing fairly soon but pretty sure its not brake related....

Is there a diagram of the S63's anywhere showing mechanical parts such as wishbones, bushes etc?

efathalla 02-10-2019 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by cfoster (Post 7673054)
Yup only when driving, moreso over 30-40mph and coasting off throttle, noticed it after about 4 miles of driving yesterday, steering seems absolutely fine so can't see it being wheel balance. No vibrations in the car at all and no pulsing when braking. Rotors will need doing fairly soon but pretty sure its not brake related....

Is there a diagram of the S63's anywhere showing mechanical parts such as wishbones, bushes etc?

I had a similar issue with my 2016 S63, but after changing both the brakes and the rotors along with a set of new tires, it felt like new again.
you will need to align it as well.

Good Luck.

okbarnett 02-10-2019 09:18 PM

you can go to a tire shop and get the tires road force balanced and see if they have any vibration problem. If they are ok then just look at the brakes and see if they are overly worn. If they are then get brakes

cfoster 02-11-2019 05:22 AM

Thanks all, I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they too suggest its the tyres causing it, very odd as the noise comes on so suddenly, presume it depends on road / tyre temps perhaps. Oddly enough, as the weather in the UK has got (slightly) warmer it hasn't done it so could've been cold road/warm tyre maybe... Good excuse to get a set of Vossens!!