Sponsored by:

2010 Mercedes S63 Blue Smoke Diagnosis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S63 Kleeman Longtube Headers, Deleted Cats, Weistec ECU Tune
2010 Mercedes S63 Blue Smoke Diagnosis

I had a previous thread on excessive oil consumption and blue smoke. I have a Weistec ECU tune along with deleted cats and Kleeman long tube headers. This car is a beast loud and angry BUT with only 39,000 miles it smokes when coming to s stop. It also would smoke on start up once the car had been driven and stopped and then restarted. I bought the car with 16,000 miles and the issue with smoking started at about 30,000 miles and has increasingly worse until I am embarrassed to drive it. I finally took it to an independent shop and had a compression check done and with that being normal in all cylinders then decided to replace the valve seals and hydraulic lifters ( a known problem with the M156 motor). I had hoped this would remedy my smoke problem but I was not that fortunate. Next the oil separator which was the second trip to the shop and, wait for it .......... still smoking. Frustrated!!! So here I am $2500 later mostly labor with the same problem. I noticed looking at the spark plug in cylinder #2 that it is oily which I told the mechanic originally but with a normal compression test he decided on the valve seals being the culprit. The intake valley was also full of oil which should not be. The only thing that is left is the oil ring on piston #2. I wanted to see if anyone with experience with the M156 engine hand any thoughts of other diagnostics test to do to determine what the problem is before I go in and spend another $3700? I appreciate any advice I am at my wits end with this oil smoke problem. Forgive any typos I am down to 2% battery and dont have time to proof

Last edited by bobbyjames; 05-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.