Sponsored by:

New tires = new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 02:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W222 S63 AMG
New tires = new car

My old Continentals had outlived their useful life and so I needed new rubber.

S63 wheel sizes have no all season options so I was left with summer tire choices only.

Ended up buying Michelin Pilot Sport 4S XL and they have literally transformed the car - steering feel, tracking, noise and cornering are much improved and the "hopping" the old Continentals did when on full lock turns in the rain are a thing of the past.

Just wanted to reiterate how much difference a good set of tires can make to the experience of a car - I enjoy my AMG so much more now.

Don’t get cheap on tires - both for safety and driving enjoyment.

Last edited by Mandingo; 01-10-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350 Blutec
I agree with your observations about the tires making a great deal of difference to feel of the car.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S63, lowered
Originally Posted by Mandingo

S63 wheel sizes have no all season options so I was left with summer tire choices only.

Ended up buying Michelin Pilot Sport 4S XL and they have literally transformed the car - steering feel, tracking, noise and cornering are much improved and the "hopping" the old Continentals did when on full lock turns in the rain are a thing of the past.

Just wanted to reiterate how much difference a good set of tires can make to the experience of a car - I enjoy my AMG so much more now.

Run the same tires on mine and I continue to be impressed with them. Tires definitely make a world of difference,

You may consider getting your alignment checked too. Although my car didn't pull heavily in any direction, to my surprise the alignment was massively out of spec (toe and camber),
Old 01-12-2019, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by Mandingo

Also came from Continentals to PS4S and what a world of difference. More responsive and better handling. Love them.