Sponsored by:

My S63 went on limp mode on Friday.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 11:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
My S63 went on limp mode on Friday.....

Last Friday when I was going to lunch car went on limp mode/crawl mode, i was able to drive to my destination to have lunch, after lunch everything was back to normal, (this is second incident with in one week, at first I was able to shut off the engine, open the door and re-start the car and no problem, I've read this on this forum, people with similar incidents.... it work for them and it worked for me too, but on the second incident a week later, did the same trick three times before went on the limp/crawl mode it didn't work...) but the engine check light went on. Sunday we went to movies and after the movies check engine light was gone, so just to find out what is going on I took the car on Monday morning to MB service, car stayed there overnight, this morning received a call from the service adviser that they can't put the car to the diagnostic because the cars original exhaust setup the flaps are disconnected (back in December 2014 I purchased a GTHAUS "Meisterschaft" exhaust system and get it installed), supposedly because original exhaust is not installed, therefore flaps are disconnected therefore it is interfering the diagnostic. My question is to you tech guys, what should i be telling the MB service rep, are they giving me the run around or is it in fact that the flaps need to be in the equation in order to diagnose the the car. Further, they are trying to charger me starting at $300.00 diagnostic fee plus whatever comes after words....???

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
I'd also ask GTHAUS seems like that's something they should tell you before you buy - if it's true about the diagnostic not working
Old 11-03-2015, 08:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
Originally Posted by jenz
I'd also ask GTHAUS seems like that's something they should tell you before you buy - if it's true about the diagnostic not working
I would guess that they would.......called and talked to the sales rep, and he informed me that everyone at Sema so it'll take some time to get some answers back....