Error Code P2422

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S65 AMG, 2008 ML550
Error Code P2422

Evaporative Emmissions System or Vent Valve Stuck Closed -

From what I have been able to read on other Mercs - not my S65 it sounds like I need a new Charcoal Canister and Vent Valve? It takes forever to fill up at the gas station (any gas station I have been to and I have been to a lot of different ones) because it keeps clicking off and it sounds like it may be the canister or vent valve (whatever that part looks like) that is causing me this problem? I am going to be so pissed if I spend another $1,000 on this car and find out that this was not the problem? Anyone else have this problem - on a S65? I just resolved the engine light being on for one thing and 2k miles later and it is back on with this error code.....I have a feeling this is a way of life with the S65>!
Old 04-09-2017, 06:15 PM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Had the same problem with a 2007 S600 I used to own. It is my understanding that the angle of the gas filler pipe neck and the gas tank shape is a bit different in the 12 cylinder cars due to the additional size of the mufflers under the gas tank. It is also my understanding that this issue was resolved later with a revised shape for the gas tank because it was forcing owners to fill the car while holding the gas pump handle at an angle which is a violation of the US and CA emissions codes. I would have the dealer contact MBUSA and let them know that you are unable to fill your car properly and have them research if there is an internal recall bulletin for this issue. Not sure it is related to the P2422 error though.