Sponsored by:

‘17 S63 struts not covered by warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 S63 ‘17
‘17 S63 struts not covered by warranty?

I’m new here so hi to everyone. Six months ago i purchased a ‘17 S63 fully loaded (peanut butter interior, screens, stereos, all options available) at around 16k miles. The car had 2 more years of factory warranty and I bought the extensive warranty for 2 or 3 more years. The dealer made it clear the warranty covers the car bumper to bumper.

Less than 4 months after I bought the car I brought it to my local MB dealer (the car was bought from Washington state—I reside in the Bay Area) for some minor warranty work, wheel replacement and service. The tech sent me a quote for the wheels as requested, and they also sent me a quote to replace the front struts for 4k. I told him that I was under the impression the struts would be covered by the warranty and he responded by saying “if the struts fail naturally it’s covered, anything that is a result of the impact or has physical damage isn’t covered”. I had the car for less than 4 months at that point, there were no impacts and I didn’t ride it extra hard. How can they prove I’m the one that damaged it? Can someone clarify this? thanks.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 AMG S63V4 + 2019 Corvette ZR1 + 2003 Suzuki Anniv Hayabusa + 2003 Harley Anniv VROD
Hi S6316,
I'm also in the east BayArea w/ a '16 S63 purchased in SoCal as demo vehicle: to the best of my knowledge, NO parts/labor are covered under warranty if damage in accident...
If any accident work done on car prior to your purchase, there should be written estimate/receipt documentation (unless done "off the books" in someone's garage)?
If there was + it wasn't disclosed to you prior to purchase, you have a legal case.
If tech at another dealership reports it as premature wear + tear, then it SHOULD be covered under warranty at their service dept.
Did you check CarFax?
I'm not sure what else you can do; if struts are truly in need of replacement + not covered, use a trusted independent shop/technician.
I have a trusted, knowledgeable guy in Fairfield if you need someone.
Good luck!
Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' SL600 03' C230K
Originally Posted by S6317
I’m new here so hi to everyone. Six months ago i purchased a ‘17 S63 fully loaded (peanut butter interior, screens, stereos, all options available) at around 16k miles. The car had 2 more years of factory warranty and I bought the extensive warranty for 2 or 3 more years. The dealer made it clear the warranty covers the car bumper to bumper.

Less than 4 months after I bought the car I brought it to my local MB dealer (the car was bought from Washington state—I reside in the Bay Area) for some minor warranty work, wheel replacement and service. The tech sent me a quote for the wheels as requested, and they also sent me a quote to replace the front struts for 4k. I told him that I was under the impression the struts would be covered by the warranty and he responded by saying “if the struts fail naturally it’s covered, anything that is a result of the impact or has physical damage isn’t covered”. I had the car for less than 4 months at that point, there were no impacts and I didn’t ride it extra hard. How can they prove I’m the one that damaged it? Can someone clarify this? thanks.
First thing is do you know if the car has previously been in an accident? Check car fax and if so and not disclosed you have legal recourse. If it had an accident who repaired it? If it was done through insurance and not done properly the insurance company will go after the shop that did it and pay another shop to rectify it. I have done MANY jobs over that hack mother fs did crappy work....even dealerships but no Mercedes dealers though. If you dont have access to carfax post your VIN and Ill run it for you. First place to start is with the dealer who sold you the car. WRITE DOWN EVERYONES NAME YOU TALK TO, DATES AND TIME AND WHAT THEY TELL YOU.
GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by mikesanto70; 02-13-2020 at 04:41 PM.