Sponsored by:

S63 AMG hood latch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 S63 AMG
S63 AMG hood latch

Hello all, I have a 2019 S63 I bought with under 1k miles on it and now it has a little over 5k on it. I bought it from a Mercedes dealer out in South Carolina as a certified used vehicle. I am located in Chicago and someone happened to back into it, the damage wasn't bad but it was enough to have to realign the headlights, bumper, fenders, and hood. I took it to my bodyshop that I have taken all my cars too and they discovered it was in a bad accident before I had bought it and it had frame damage and was fixed poorly with nails and screws, they also noticed there were no labels in the engine bay. It causes my headlights to go out sometimes over big bumps and the radar in the grill to not work sometimes. But my hood latch sensor keeps going off even though my hood is closed. I have taken my hood latches apart and I bent one of the switches back into place and then I adjusted the hinge on the hood to come down more and it worked I drove for about 15 minutes but then the message popped up. The message only pops up when I am driving forward and as some of you may know the annoying bonging doesn't go away. Has anyone had the same issue with the latches where it was something different or could at least share some tips about it before I take it all apart. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2023, 03:47 AM

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
All of the damage should have been fully disclosed and price to reflect the severity of the accident. Additionally, based on your description of the shoddy sidewalk style body work, it is only a matter of time before corrosion due to improper repair begins to pop up. You may want to consider getting a corrected value of the car perhaps from another dealer or body shop. Contact the selling dealer and possibly Mercedes corporate, If things don't go well at the dealership that had sold you the car, let them know you'll be in contact with the state's attorney general office and/or attorney.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 S63 AMG
I'm gonna get rid of the car soon I just need it for the meantime. I'm looking at a new Panamera GTS, but I have contacted the dealer and got lawyers involved I am taking them to court for selling me a certified car with a "clean" history.

The following users liked this post:
vincheung (04-13-2023)