Bringing American Spec car to EU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 Coupe
Bringing American Spec car to EU

Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance for any help here! This is my first post so please forgive me in advance if I make any faux pas rookie mistakes.

I have a 2015 S63 Coupe I am going to ship over to Europe. I have a few questions regarding the technology and potential updates.

GPS/SATNAV/MBUX - Can this be updated with software to mimic EU spec models, updated maps, sign recognition etc?

HEADLIGHTS - is there a EU setting? I drove a recent 750i I drove into the UK from France and it asked me if I wanted to update the headlight setting to be locally compliant. Since lights are adjustable and move was hoping this was also possible option.

FUEL - EU gasoline is minimum 95 octane, usually 98 is available. Will pumping higher octane fuel pose any issues for a US spec car?

LICENSE PLATE - I will use the car with a Florida tag while it is in EU, and we only use one tag in Florida on the rear. To remain compliant with regulation I will need to display the registration on the front bumper. I plan on putting a simple white with black lettering vinyl sticker, in the smallest size legal. Anyone have any experience with this and the effects on the paint?

Greg