Sponsored by:

Electrical Gremlins...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 05:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2015 S63 AMG
Electrical Gremlins...

Hey Everyone - wanted to ask on any weird/annoying electrical gremlins you may have faced/are facing.

For context, I have the GTA Car Kits wireless CarPlay module and a radar detector as the only outside factors.

Yesterday, I noticed a small section of the interior lighting (behind the navi screen) blinking wildly as if it were a distress signal. I couldn't make out if it was the sun (this was in the daytime, has not happened at night) or if something really was off. It eventually just went away.

Second, I'll notice my phone connecting to the bluetooth of the car at random times when sitting at home (car is in the garage and locked). Suspected the GTA module and reached out to them - their response was simply that the car stays 'alive' when not locked. This is happening even while locked...

Navigation - I think I've got this down but using navi on the phone (Google Maps or Waze) is a nightmare as it loses GPS signal every 2 seconds. Is this normal behavior or is an antenna acting weird? I'm aware that the interior of this car is the iron dome and is great at blocking all sorts of signals so maybe that's the answer - hoping someone has a workaround.

Thanks,
Old 08-23-2023, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55, 2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
I have the GTA Wireless Carplay/Android Auto installed on my car too. It also randomly hijacks my phone even when the car is off and locked. It seems, if the car gets any power at all (i.e. locking/unlocking, opening a door/trunk, etc.) The GTA unit gets power and tries to hijack the Bluetooth on my phone. There doesn't seem to be a solution, and I'm looking to remove the module from the car. It's more hassle it seems worth it for Carplay/AA.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 511 Likes on 381 Posts
222 S-65
I let my IPhone talk to the car wirelessly. My 2015 doesn’t have CarPlay. It works well with Waze while playing Pandora music via the phone.
I have strong cell signals for my commute. As cell signals get dodgy Pandora cuts out and plays music stored in the phone and Waze is no longer useful for letting me know location of deputy doughnut but still shows where I’m at on a map. Using the stock Bluetooth connection the car never grabs calls when off.