Sponsored by:

Gear/clutch problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 and 2000 S500
Gear/clutch problems?

Hello. I have 2016 S63L and ive been having som issus whit it. I all started whit the car not wanting to move when i started it in the morning and its cold outside, (under 6c) the car goes into gear but the clutch (i think) wont engage, this only happend in the winter months when its cold. When the car is warm and in the summer months its fine. Leatly ive notest then when i hit the kickdown the (clutch i think) slipps, its like the car si in Neutral, i let go the gass and it goes back to normal, and I have stuttering when accelereting hard. Ive had the car at the mercedes dealer MANY times, but they cant find anything wrong, and there is NO fail codes. Anyone have any idea whats the problem is? I am thinking about replasing the clutch and coils/sparkplugs. But I wanted to check whit you guys befor throwing more money at it.

Thx
Old 11-05-2023, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 511 Likes on 381 Posts
222 S-65
OP if the mechanic can’t find why a transmission is slipping it is time to find a real mechanic.

Start with transmission fluid level. If it is low... where did it go? What does the fluid look and smell like?

Different fluids for the transmission. Your VIN will help with which fluid is right.