Sponsored by:

Weistec Transmission Tune- 9 Speed for 2019 S63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 S63
Weistec Transmission Tune- 9 Speed for 2019 S63

Anyone have experience with this product?

Trying to improve the stock transmission, sluggish, lazy, dead spot, clunky and gas pedal travel distance before the car "wakes-up" driving experience. Its like the car has a wet-towel on the gears.

Does this Tune help the car hook-up / have a more crisp and less clunky, slammy throttle response?

Thanks all.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 376 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
Curious about this as well. Would love to have a tune that addresses this nonsense. I love my car but the transmission is a major let down for day to day driving. Love the crisp shifts but the sloppiness is ridiculous.
Old 01-27-2024, 02:46 AM

Received 198 Likes on 130 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by superpop
Curious about this as well. Would love to have a tune that addresses this nonsense. I love my car but the transmission is a major let down for day to day driving. Love the crisp shifts but the sloppiness is ridiculous.
Interesting....I was wondering if it was just mine. I reached out to you about how my transmission feels sluggish when cold, especially immedeately after cold start with no warm up. I just let it warm up until the revs reduce to normal before I put it in gear and it seems a lot better.

But to the larger point about the sluggishness; I've developed the habit of blipping the throttle just like I would when driving a manual transmission before I give it major throttle inputs. Seems to work much better and engage smoother.

Last edited by carlosinseattle; 01-27-2024 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,826 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
Looks like you haven't really been getting any answers here and in the same thread you started in the W213 forum. Seems like not many folks have found the Weistec tune to be necessary and reading the description, it doesn't seem to actually change the shift programs instead it mostly increases the clamping forces of the clutches for crisper gear engagement and to increase the torque limit.

A few more thoughts in addition to what I said in the W213 thread. Assuming you are not the first owner, I would suggest you get the adaptations reset, so it starts adapting fresh to your driving style. The previous owner(s) may have been driving like grandmas. I've experienced the 9-MCT in multiple AMG models, specifically the C63S, E63S, GT63S and GT63 S E Performance and I have not experienced what you are describing. Admittedly, I haven't tried the S63, but the S63 never appealed to me as a performance car to hoon around. It's mostly a high speed German Autobahn cruiser, so perhaps the transmission programming is more dull. However, as I said elsewhere I also mostly drive these cars in manual mode. Can't really see myself doodling around in the automatic modes most of the time. I pretty much only let the transmission shift itself when I'm in Comfort mode around town, or just cruising along on the highway with DISTRONIC and stop&go traffic. I've always been pleased how even in Comfort mode around town it immediately starts to proactively downshift 1-2 gears as soon as I lift off so to always be in the right gear to accelerate again. It even skips gears such as dropping from 9 straight to 7 or 5 straight to 3. Something AMG highlights in their press materials. But as soon as I hit an onramp or drive more spirited I activate the Individual mode where I have set the transmission to M. Love the AMG Drive Unit for this purpose to switch modes directly from the steering wheel.

For a final thought, the transmission does adapt to your driving style, so if you start driving dynamically it will respond with much more dynamic shifting. Since I only use the automatic modes for moderate driving, mine has adapted to my around town driving style quite well and I try not to mix my moderate driving style with my spirited driving style to not confuse the adaptations, so that's another reason why I do all my spirited driving in manual mode and leave the automatic modes for moderate driving. But mostly as somebody who has driven manual transmissions for over 20 years I can't really stand the reactive nature of automatic transmissions, therefore I drive it like I drive a car with a manual transmission. I downshift manually in anticipation of my next maneuver, so I'm in the proper gear before I get on it. As good as automatic transmissions have become, they still can't read my mind.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-29-2024 at 04:24 PM.