2013 AMG S63 ABC Suspension bleeding fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 s63
Unhappy 2013 AMG S63 ABC Suspension bleeding fail

Hello Mercedes Fanatics,
I am in need of your help. I recently changed all 4 struts on my 2013 AMG S63. When I went to bleed the system using the rodeo on my AUTEL Maxisys scantool, the rear suspension stayed raised while the front suspension dropped to the calibrated level. It appears the calibrated level is all out of wack, as the rear level is reading below the calibrated level even though it is completely maxed out in the back. I attempted to bleed the entire system and start over, but after 8 rodeos the car has not moved from that point. It sits properly at the end of the rodeo, but when the car is prompted to move back to calibration level it returns to that initial height and I am left with the same issue. The reservoir level is perfect and the rodeo should theoretically bleed any excess air out of the system. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue when changing ABC suspensions? The shocks are a dealer part and were only replaced because all 4 blew at different times. The car cannot move currently as the transmission was serviced and the filter was improperly installed so the transmission is locked up.

-mbrobee
Old 02-21-2024, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 550 Likes on 407 Posts
222 S-65
Time to plug it in and see what height the car thinks it is at.

Good place to start. Your 221 car with ABC will be good once sorted.