Sponsored by:

2019 S63 Sedan Coolant Top-Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 03:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S63 AMG
2019 S63 Sedan Coolant Top-Off

Hey guys, good to talk to you all again. I had a couple questions on my coolant levels. I had a message pop up for a day on my dash (low coolant), then went away, so I thought I'd fill up my coolant. So apparently this car has two reservoirs? One for the main engine and one for the intercoolers I believe?
So far I only did a small top-off on my left reservoir (picture attached), without a water mix. I haven't done the right reservoir since I cannot tell where the fill line is, I believe it looks like a black plastic tip of some sort. So just had the following questions..

1) Is the coolant I'm using the correct one? I picked it up from dealer and re-checked it myself.
2) Are these the correct reservoirs? (see attached pictures)
3) Do both reservoirs take the same coolant?
4) I've topped off the left reservoir without a water mixture, is it ok if i do the right one as well, just a top off? I'm not doing a flush. Is there anything dangerous on a coolant top off without a water mixture?
5) Can anyone tell me where the fill line max is on the right reservoir? I see a black perpendicular tip, which I assume is the correct one.

Please see attached pictures to verify if they are the correct items.

Thank you all!

Left reservoir, I have already topped this off with coolant without water.

Right reservoir, I haven't topped off yet.

Both reservoirs. Are these the correct reservoirs and do both take the same coolant?