Notices
Safety & Testimonials Discuss Mercedes-Benz safety related topics and issues, including testimonials.

bad accident:-( [WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by wingless
A day and a half ago, using the Report to Administrator ! icon.

Why keep this topic? It still provides a link to the inappropriate material.

Thanks for deleting the images.

I did too and I got an email that stated they put a "graphic warning" on it
Old 04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Don't look.... Like I posted above... I thought it was just a regular but bad accident like I always see at wreckedexotics.com.... until I saw a human body... I felt sick....
Old 04-27-2007, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by zoink
Don't look.... Like I posted above... I thought it was just a regular but bad accident like I always see at wreckedexotics.com.... until I saw a human body... I felt sick....
yes. me too.

I didn't realize that.. Those pictures are gone.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Several 123 Coupes. A very nice 88,560,SEC,AMG EURO. An 89 Lamborghini Countach Anniversary Edition
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
Since noone else will.....

almost looks like a dodge caliber hahah
I can't access, all of the pics for some reason. Can you email the rest to me? I'm used to carnage, and dead humans don't bother me. I work extremely close with both live, and dead humans, and always see live humans become dead humans, first hand.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by Archer-Fish
I can't access, all of the pics for some reason. Can you email the rest to me? I'm used to carnage, and dead humans don't bother me. I work extremely close with both live, and dead humans, and always see live humans become dead humans, first hand.
I'm sorry, ask someone else, please.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You have an unusual morbid curiosity? Not healthy, there's a saying..."You stare into the abyss long enough eventually it stares back" meaning is preoccupation w/this type of subject matter dulls the senses, incourages insensitivity to the precious gift of life! Hence your unusual need to satiate your desire for continually escalating fascination w/death, very odd

I saw a TV show on Crime Scene Investigators years ago, the gentlemen in said profession looked to be heavily burdened (like the walking dead, NO joke!), w/all the gastly images stained in his mind from viewing photos, studying gory details, from past cases etc. Wished he could wash his mind clean of all the horrible content now premanently imprinted in his mind, said it was exrtremely troublesome haunting his daily thoughts.

Just something to think about.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
IS THERE SOMETHING FU*KING WRONG WITH YOU!

These people were killed in such a tragic way and you have the nerve to ask if you can see pictures of the carnage...thats a new low
Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I think these photos should be taken off but Im shock on how someone so curious who wants to see a dead human being. I have witnesses accidents like this in my life and believe me its not a good experience, please have respect for them.

Last edited by JRAMGV8; 05-10-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is wrong with all the people reporting this as inappropriate? If you or anyone else does not want to see it, don't look. Nobody has any right to dictate what they feel is appropriate for other people.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
What is wrong with all the people reporting this as inappropriate? If you or anyone else does not want to see it, don't look. Nobody has any right to dictate what they feel is appropriate for other people.
Actually, the forum administrators do.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:04 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
I feel really sorry for this guy & his family, its so sad to see people die this way and this could happen to any one of us.

Btw the car is definately a VW Fox but I'm not sure this happend in Europe and those are most certainly not French plates. I would guess its some south american country eg. Brazil (the Fox is produced there and then shipped over to Europe).
Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
Actually, the forum administrators do.
Actually, having the ability to do something doesn't make it right. I won't even get into examples.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Actually, having the ability to do something doesn't make it right. I won't even get into examples.
You are correct.

But when requests are received by numerous members who do you think will win out?

And I won't get into examples either.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You are correct.

But when requests are received by numerous members who do you think will win out?

And I won't get into examples either.
Like I said before, they don't have to look. It's a far cry from preventing others from exposure. But then again, I should be used to Americans trying to censor everything they don't personally agree with. FCC anyone?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Like I said before, they don't have to look. It's a far cry from preventing others from exposure. But then again, I should be used to Americans trying to censor everything they don't personally agree with. FCC anyone?

Tut mir leid das Du so denkst. Die Mehrheit bestimmt in diesem Fall; egal was Du erwartest oder willst. In vielen anderen Laender ist es auch nicht viel besser. Beschwerst Du Dich da auch?

For our english speaking members:

Sorry you feel that way. Majority rules in this case; regardless of what you expect or want. A lot of other countries aren't much better. You complain there as well?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Tut mir leid das Du so denkst. Die Mehrheit bestimmt in diesem Fall; egal was Du erwartest oder willst. In vielen anderen Laender ist es auch nicht viel besser. Beschwerst Du Dich da auch?

For our english speaking members:

Sorry you feel that way. Majority rules in this case; regardless of what you expect or want. A lot of other countries aren't much better. You complain there as well?
Ich kann dich verstehen. Einfache Menschen sehnen sich nach dem Kollektiv und der Stabilität einer einheitlichen Meinung. Aber für mich ist Meinungsfreiheit absolut heilig. Eine Zensur sollte die absolute Ausnahme sein, gerade wenn die Mehrheit mit einer Meinung nicht übereinstimmt. Ich weiß, dass nicht jeder so liberal denkt. Diese Menschen haben den festen Glaubensatz, man müsse jeden vor allem schützen, dass sie selber als bedenklich, verwerflich oder systemfeindlich einstufen. Ich glaube fest an die Fähigkeiten jedes Einzelnen zu entscheiden, was sie sehen wollen und was nicht. Eine Vorentscheidung, seitens eines anderen, ist mit einer freiheitlichen Gesellschaft nicht zu vereinbaren und kann nur vertretbar sein, falls die Freiheiten eines anderen sonst geschädigt würden.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Ich kann dich verstehen. Einfache Menschen sehnen sich nach dem Kollektiv und der Stabilität einer einheitlichen Meinung. Aber für mich ist Meinungsfreiheit absolut heilig. Eine Zensur sollte die absolute Ausnahme sein, gerade wenn die Mehrheit mit einer Meinung nicht übereinstimmt. Ich weiß, dass nicht jeder so liberal denkt. Diese Menschen haben den festen Glaubensatz, man müsse jeden vor allem schützen, dass sie selber als bedenklich, verwerflich oder systemfeindlich einstufen. Ich glaube fest an die Fähigkeiten jedes Einzelnen zu entscheiden, was sie sehen wollen und was nicht. Eine Vorentscheidung, seitens eines anderen, ist mit einer freiheitlichen Gesellschaft nicht zu vereinbaren und kann nur vertretbar sein, falls die Freiheiten eines anderen sonst geschädigt würden.
I can Dein Argument verstehen. Aber bitte vergesse nicht das MBW ein privates Forum ist und daher anderen Regeln unterlegt. Wir hoeren zu wenn unsere Mitgliederschaft eine Aenderung im Sinn hat. Das geht aber auch beidseitig. Ob wir das nun akzeptieren oder nicht ist unter uns zu entscheiden. Daher ist es Dir ueberlassen wann Du kommst oder gehst.

For our english speaking members.

I can understand your argument. But please don't forget that MBW is a private forum and that the rules therefore don't always adhere to ones perceived norms. We listen to the viewpoint of our membership for change. But that also goes both ways. If we accept or not that is up to us to decide. Therefore its up to you whether you come or go.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:03 AM

1992 190E 2.6L
Owwwwwwch!!!

Nothing could be worst than surviving that.

OMG!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
I must say that I dont see what purpose was served by posting the pictures. It doesn't have any unique informative content.
People are killed on the roads daily. Its an unfortunate part of our modern society.
While I accept the moderators jurisdiction in deleting the pictures I can't understand why there is a need to 'protect' people from real life, and death. It is a concerning part of western society that the truth needs to be sanitised for mass consumption.
I suppose my second sentence answers my own question.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:44 AM

2001 CLK430, '13 GL550
Not aimed an any particular person...simply an opinion:

It's not about informing or not informing people about real events that happen. Just by looking at the VEHICULAR damage, most people can deduce the state of the HUMAN damage from logic. It was removed from this "public" forum most likely out of RESPECT for those who suffered during this event. It's no different than police and rescue personnel placing sheets over people who have died in accidents while they are still on the "public" road in plain view. There is no need for it to be on display. I think we all can imagine what hard objects do to flesh given the obvious force of impact.

-John
Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by GettingThere
Not aimed an any particular person...simply an opinion:

It's not about informing or not informing people about real events that happen. Just by looking at the VEHICULAR damage, most people can deduce the state of the HUMAN damage from logic. It was removed from this "public" forum most likely out of RESPECT for those who suffered during this event. It's no different than police and rescue personnel placing sheets over people who have died in accidents while they are still on the "public" road in plain view. There is no need for it to be on display. I think we all can imagine what hard objects do to flesh given the obvious force of impact.

-John
Old 05-29-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'80 300CD , '81 240D , more..
A Different Viewpoint :

If more people who like to drive fast vehicles were forced to look at the result , there would be less carnage on our highways .

Whining , carping and forbidding others to look because you're in denial or can't handle it , isn't proper either .

I'm the guys who used to wash these wrecks out with a hose and yes , you get injured to it and it's a heavy burden too .

it makes me worry about my young son who's a racer on tracks but it doesn't stop me from wanting to look and we don't need any more censorship from real life .
Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by vwnate1
If more people who like to drive fast vehicles were forced to look at the result , there would be less carnage on our highways .

Whining , carping and forbidding others to look because you're in denial or can't handle it , isn't proper either .

I'm the guys who used to wash these wrecks out with a hose and yes , you get injured to it and it's a heavy burden too .

it makes me worry about my young son who's a racer on tracks but it doesn't stop me from wanting to look and we don't need any more censorship from real life .
Perhaps people who post those juvenille "kill stories" should see pictures like this and maybe they would rethink their activities.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 AM

2001 CLK430, '13 GL550
I don't disagree with that perspective concerning people seeing something tragic to get it through their thick skulls that they need to be careful driving, but the main point here is that the victims' bodies do not need to be on display on the internet without consent from the families affected. Many people would not want their loved ones to be seen/remembered by hundreds as a bloody, severed corpse. Some people do not mind showing others their love ones' physical remains to help pass along a "lesson to learn", but they need to be given the opportunity to limit the publicity as much as possible if they so choose.

We need to "respect" the Moderators' position in this so-called censorship because they are simply "respecting" the integrity of the victims.

Another point is that boneheads will be just that until something tragic or dramatic happens to THEM. Seeing pictures does help, but it won't stick in their minds for very long before they are back pulling the same stunts in most cases. It's almost like showing pictures of clogged arteries to someone who has a fatty diet, or a black shriveled lung to a smoker and trying to get them to change their ways...they won't do crap until they "see the light"; i.e. they or someone they KNOW has a heart attack, lung cancer, emphysema, etc. We would love to believe people take advice from random pictures or other means of attempted influence, but we are creatures of habit and many times need strong convincing to knock us out of a rut in which we may be living. The old "it won't happen to me" mentality is always lingering until proven wrong.

This is going a lot further than it probably needs to, but it's always an interesting topic and there are many sides from which to view it, so I'm not saying mine is the final word or something...just my perception.

-John
Old 07-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Currently on foot.
Probably a cellphone involved.