Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
RENNtech hand held tuner ECU upgrade GT63/S Gains: +102 HP & +62 LB-FT

Hello all,

Below is information on the GT63/S RENNtech hand held tuner ECU upgrade. By far and away the most easy way to tune your ECU or change it back at anytime by far and away the ONLY company I would trust in ECU tuning for Mercedes.

Gains: +102 HP & +62 LB-FT
Up to 783 HP / 798 LB-FT

These are available for immediate shipment once we receive your VIN . Please contact me for a shipping promotion we are offering at either info@etkms.com or call 1-866-950-7779

Orders can be placed via the website here https://www.euroteckracing.com/produ...er-ecu-upgradeor by phone.

RENNtech HHT (hand held tuner) allows you the unlimited ability to switch between tuned and stock ECU programming and requires no ECU removal!

Our proprietary tuning module stores both the RENNtech tuned file and your vehicles stock file. The module plugs directly into the OBD2 port and delivers the file you choose directly to the ECU. Programming takes only a few minutes and the vehicle can be reflashed at any time as many times as you wish.

RENNtech has been at the forefront of ECU tuning since electronic engine management started to show up in vehicles during the mid 1980s! Our experience, countless hours of in-house research, development and exhaustive testing ensure that our proprietary ECU upgrade offers incredible performance gains and rock solid daily driver reliability.

RENNtech tuning software for Mercedes offers significant gains in horsepower and torque across the vehicle's entire power band. By modifying ignition timing and throttle mapping, optimizing air-to-fuel ratios, increasing the engine's rev limiter and modifying boost mapping for turbo-charged vehicles, RENNtech performance software unleashes the true potential of your Mercedes.

With the proprietary RENNtech ECU Tuning the X290 - GT 63 AMG S 4-Door Coupe gains up to +102 HP and +62LB-FT, based on power numbers measured by RENNtech. Please note that the Mercedes M177 engine performance when measured, obtains higher numbers than rated from factory. The maximum power number reached with the RENNtech ECU Upgrade for the GT 63 AMG S 4-Door Coupe is 783 HP and 798 LB-FT.

Notes:
  • We have found the M177 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes-Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
  • Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech. Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 14% Drivetrain loss on 4MATIC+ vehicles.
  • Numbers published by MBUSA are an average over a 1,000rpm range for HP and a 2,000rpm range for TQ. Power gains are calculated based on the peak stock performance measured by RENNtech.
  • Our numbers will be dependent on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Upgrade.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG GT63s
Great news! Comparative track results?

I am new to AMG after nearly 5 years in a tuned RS7 so forgive my obtuse question. The ubiquitous Audi tuner (APR) always had real world 1/4 mile track results to accompany the release of their tunes. I’d love to know what the performance delta is with this tune. I reckon I’ll have to be the knucklehead to find out.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by HeelBuff
I am new to AMG after nearly 5 years in a tuned RS7 so forgive my obtuse question. The ubiquitous Audi tuner (APR) always had real world 1/4 mile track results to accompany the release of their tunes. I’d love to know what the performance delta is with this tune. I reckon I’ll have to be the knucklehead to find out.
Congratulations on the new car! Renntech has published some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on some cars, but not all. They have not yet published any I have seen for this car yet. I am assuming it is too soon and they may eventually.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:32 PM

2019 AMG GT63s
Getting this installed on Wednesday

I’ve barely got 1,000 miles on my car but I’m getting this tune, new blow-off valves and high-flow air filters installed on Wednesday. I may track it Thursday night to see what it will do on 93 octane with a splash of race fuel.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by HeelBuff
I’ve barely got 1,000 miles on my car but I’m getting this tune, new blow-off valves and high-flow air filters installed on Wednesday. I may track it Thursday night to see what it will do on 93 octane with a splash of race fuel.
Awesome! let us know how you like it!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Audi RS7
I also was 5 years in an APR tuned RS7, I sold it when the turbos went and Audi wouldn't help at all. Just picked up my GT63s4 saturday and the car feels so much stronger than the Audi, I don't think the benz needs tuned (IMHO).
Old 06-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Cabriolet
I have tuned mine

Originally Posted by dg144
I also was 5 years in an APR tuned RS7, I sold it when the turbos went and Audi wouldn't help at all. Just picked up my GT63s4 saturday and the car feels so much stronger than the Audi, I don't think the benz needs tuned (IMHO).
I have done the Renntech tune. Definitely a huge difference. It does however feel like it takes a split second longer for the turbos to spool in first gear hard off the line
Old 06-12-2019, 05:26 PM

2019 AMG GT63s
Got the tune today

The car definitely seems stronger. The turbos sounds like hairdryers due to the high-flow air filter. Thinking about tracking it tomorrow night to see if the gains are real.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GT63S, 2023 Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid, 2017 GTC4 Lusso
Does the ECU upgrade void warranties from Mercedes? I purchased warranty for engine, wheels, transmission and such so not sure if this would void the warranty or I can just put it back to stock when I bring it in? Would they know I toyed with the ECU if I did put the thing back to stock? BTW the GT63S is my daily driver.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by nyichiban
Does the ECU upgrade void warranties from Mercedes? I purchased warranty for engine, wheels, transmission and such so not sure if this would void the warranty or I can just put it back to stock when I bring it in? Would they know I toyed with the ECU if I did put the thing back to stock? BTW the GT63S is my daily driver.
If your drivetrain suffers a major failure and you have a tune, even one sold/installed by your local MB dealership, MB is under zero obligation to fix the issue under warranty.

MB can and will find you’ve had a flashed ECU should they look for it, even if the ECU tune has been reverted back to its stock setting.