Sponsored by:

Some n00b ordering/options question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 11:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
BMW M3 cabrio
Some n00b ordering/options question

Hello! I'm a current BMW M-owner about to try out the other side of things.

Will be ordering tomorrow or Wednesday AMG GT63 4-door. I have almost all my options sorted, just looking for some last-minute clarifications.

Will be ordering Graphite exterior (I don't love it, but I plan to get it wrapped in a nice, deep, gloss green at some point,) and Auburn interior w/ black piano.

No executive backseat. 19 black wheels (NYC car,) most other options, but not all.

So, the questions remaining are minor:

- of the optional steering wheels, are there any differences in thickness/padding or just materials? (would like to avoid alcantera if possible, but love a beefy wheel.)

- any reason -not- to get prewire for rear seats? I have a kid and it seems like a "why not?" kinda option

- same question for trunk organizer system-- any reason not to get it?

- Not gonna get the AMG seats, so active contour front seats-- any minuses there? (aside from just another thing to break, potentially.)

- heated windshield-- any downsides? (radar detector, EZ pass-- that kinda thing?)

Other than that getting: panoramic roof, head-up display, 3-zone, night package, side-badge deletion, 115v outlet, surround view, AMG drive unit, that kinda thing.

Steering wheel choice might actually be my biggest question at this point.

I welcome any thoughts/suggestions, etc! Thanks!

Last edited by JonDiamond; 09-16-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:06 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
300sl roadster
I currently own a GT63... I read your questions and have some thoughts ... I have the performance seats and they are really nice.. better than my prior M5.. I don't believe there is any difference's in steering wheel base thickness, only materials which the Alcantara would feel the thinnest.. The truck is really large and an organizer may help things from flying around...I ordered the Executive rear seat option and they look good, sit good and come with a number of connivence's.. and why pay for the graphite exterior if you plan to wrap it ?? But I have to say that I have the Graphite Magno and I don't like it.. it's a big body car and it's just way too much flat grey for me.. The performance and handling are really nice...Enjoy your new ride...
The following users liked this post:
JonDiamond (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:42 AM

BMW M3 cabrio
Originally Posted by SLcruzen
I currently own a GT63... I read your questions and have some thoughts ... I have the performance seats and they are really nice.. better than my prior M5.. I don't believe there is any difference's in steering wheel base thickness, only materials which the Alcantara would feel the thinnest.. The truck is really large and an organizer may help things from flying around...I ordered the Executive rear seat option and they look good, sit good and come with a number of connivence's.. and why pay for the graphite exterior if you plan to wrap it ?? But I have to say that I have the Graphite Magno and I don't like it.. it's a big body car and it's just way too much flat grey for me.. The performance and handling are really nice...Enjoy your new ride...
Thanks so much— answers all my questions and then some. Much appreciated!
Old 11-16-2019, 08:49 PM

BMW M3 cabrio
Never updated.
Placed order in September, build was supposed to start yesterday (was showing "B4 X-2 prod" for well over a week but with a build date of 11/15.)

Have the VIN number and I know I saw some member/dealer in another thread who was happy to look up the VIN for members, if anyone can steer me in that direction, much appreciated.

So far all the excitement I can get on this front is from the MercedesMe site that accurately shows the exterior based on my entering the VIN an this from dealer: