Sponsored by:

MB Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 02:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Audi RS7
MB Me Connect

I have had a lot of troubles with the remote start feature on the Me connect app, MB keeps telling me its a known issue with their network, are others having this problem? I find it unacceptable in a car of this magnitude. I have a GT63s. I have 3 chevy's with the GM app based system and they work flawlessly, even in my daughters 20k cruze. I am very frustrated with this.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
Remote start has always been problematic for Mercedes. I have simply given up on it.

As consolation, Mercedes recommends not warming the car up and simply driving away immediately after starting up.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 AMG GT63s
Mine wont work if I leave my roof shade open, and once you unlock the car it turns off.

This and the Navigation system (Specifically how locations are entered) are very useless systems.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
I have 2020 GLC and have really have had no problems with Mercedes ME Connect and remote start. Only problem i have had with Connect is under “see all” brake linings, coolant, washer fluid are “grayed out”. Windows was too but it came on line. I have a work order in for the last few days but haven’t heard anything. The agent told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. The Connect app is a real upgrade over the old Mercedes Me.

The remote start is designed to shut down when you open the door. Think it’s a safety thing. Also won’t start if the gas tank amount is to low. Thinks that’s around 5-8 gallons or so.

Last edited by DESAL; 01-21-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
I've played twice with the remote start feature just to try it out. The first time it didn't work right away, but my car wasn't locked. I remote locked it and then tried again when it started up fine. The second time my car was parked on the street for a couple of hours and just for the fun of it I tried it again and it worked right away. That was like a couple of months ago. Haven't used the feature since. It's something I don't really see the point of it. It's my first car that has remote start and it doesn't make a difference. You are not supposed to warm up these engines by idling them anyway and the engine only runs for about 10 minutes which in cold climates isn't enough to really start heating the interior. I can really only see this as somewhat useful on a hot summer day. First the engine won't be cold on a hot summer day, so little to no excessive wear from idling it, and the air conditioner will work right away and cool down the interior, but honestly I've managed for 20 years w/o remote start and I have had mostly black on black cars which get hot in the summer.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:52 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
You make some great points. I use it in HOT Florida just to take the edge off of a hot steamy car. That is if I remember. The Connect Me app however is much improved along with MBUX with it’s navigation and other features.

By the way, I looked up the amount of gas needed in the tank. It’s 20% of the tank size.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by DESAL
You make some great points. I use it in HOT Florida just to take the edge off of a hot steamy car. That is if I remember. The Connect Me app however is much improved along with MBUX with it’s navigation and other features.

By the way, I looked up the amount of gas needed in the tank. It’s 20% of the tank size.
It also seems rather cumbersome. You have to unlock the phone, open the app, navigate to the remote start then press and hold the button and then wait for confirmation that it started. It almost doesn't seem worth it. What I actually regularly do on a warm/hot day is open the windows and sunroof with the key fob as I walk up to the car. Much quicker and lets much of the hot air naturally escape.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Remote start on MB products is more of a gimmick then anything else. A novelty to try a few times and even at that you have a 50/50 chance of it working. True remote start to me is where you have it on the key fob and it works flawlessly like on a lot of domestics.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GT63S, 2023 Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid, 2017 GTC4 Lusso
I've had no issues with my remote start but recently I have been having issues with fake alerts. I know I locked my car and doors were closed but the app would tell me that it's not locked or doors not fully closed. After 2 times of running back to my car to check I decided to remote lock the car from the app and it reported back all was good. Pretty sure the app has issues.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by nyichiban
I've had no issues with my remote start but recently I have been having issues with fake alerts. I know I locked my car and doors were closed but the app would tell me that it's not locked or doors not fully closed. After 2 times of running back to my car to check I decided to remote lock the car from the app and it reported back all was good. Pretty sure the app has issues.
Same exact issue with my ‘19 S63 AMG. Mine likes to tell me that my trunk is open when in fact I am standing at the car with the trunk closed and the doors locked.