Sponsored by:

Rear wing AMG GT63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 AMG GT63
Rear wing AMG GT63

I recently purchased a 2020 AMG GT63. I noticed that once speed of 50mph is achieved, the rear wing activates. However, it only reaches its first height. At what other speeds does it continue to rise/heighten?
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
Such is the mystery of life.

I believe the spoiler comes up higher at if you dia up the sportiness of the various driving modes, but none of this is explained in detail. Even the button on the console that manually controlls the spoiler is not described. What I observe is that if I manually extend the spoiler by pressing the button, it goes up to maximum height. Pressing the button again briefly then has no apparent effect. I need to then press and hold the button to retract the spoiler manually, letting go at the right time to set the desired height. This setting then remains in place for the rest of the drive and even after the car is parked. The next time I start the car it will retract the spoiler automatically after driving some distance/time. I have no idea what the logic is.

None of this is explained in the manual.

Edit: I went back and re-read the manual. It does explain some of the above. I think I understand now why the wing does not retract when I park the car. The manual extension of the spoiler is supposed to be for cleaning under it. Of course many of us use it to extend the wing and engage in a little bit of douche baggery, but the primary purpose of that button is to clean the car.

In other curious bits of the manual, it warns that the cup holder can only be used when the vehicle is stationary. LOL

Last edited by NovaOne; 01-22-2020 at 09:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NovaOne:
M~Factor (01-23-2020), Sharkstripe (01-23-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford
Oof! It looks stunning in white....the pictures don’t do justice on this car
jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down

Last edited by Areslane Arsoy; 01-30-2020 at 07:15 AM.