Sponsored by:

Considering a GT53 or GT63 Thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S6
Considering a GT53 or GT63 Thoughts

I am considering buying either a GT53 or a GT63 and wanted to ask for opinions between the two from actual owners. Choosing one car over another is obviously subjective but other people on this site must have gone through this same decision process. I have driven both and each seems fun to drive. Obviously the GT63 has more power but the GT53 may be enough for a daily driver.

Regarding the GT53's engine, the acceleration seems smooth to me (no turbo lag) but what do owners think of the electrical boost system? Someone suggested that the GT63 may get this feature in the future.

It looks like the GT63 comes with all wheel steering. Is that noticeable? I was considering a Panamera GTS with the all wheel steering and it seemed like a good feature to have, both for parking in tight spots at slow speed and for driving at high speeds.

Any other reasons why you chose one model over the other?
Old 06-12-2020, 06:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
amg gt53 x290
Hi, i buy a gt53 with lot of equipment and came from a c63s and tell you the 53 is amazing to drive for me a great choose..
And good to sell because is a future engine, you will see in all amg models that have 63s.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A7
I have a 63 that I got on a whim. I ordered a custom 53 but it got caught up in customs and the dealership offered me a good deal on a 63 that was on their lot for too long. I took it without ever driving it. IMO, it’s a little much for a daily driver. It’s a ton of fun but I think I would’ve been happier with the 53
Old 06-14-2020, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S6
Originally Posted by Miken12
I have a 63 that I got on a whim. I ordered a custom 53 but it got caught up in customs and the dealership offered me a good deal on a 63 that was on their lot for too long. I took it without ever driving it. IMO, it’s a little much for a daily driver. It’s a ton of fun but I think I would’ve been happier with the 53
I just leased the local GT53 that was optioned with 90% of what I wanted.