Sponsored by:

remote start suddenly started working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
BMW M3 cabrio
remote start suddenly started working

Sorry if this was/should be covered elsewhere, on my 2020 GT63 the remote start from iPhone app has never worked-- not a single time-- since I've owned it. It always reports "windows or sunroof open" (no sunroof present, panoramic roof and windows, of course, weren't open either.) Now, today, dunno why I even tried-- it remote started w/o missing a beat! What a delight for the summer months! Was there some kinda universal software update or something?

UNrelated, my GT63 will occasionally fail to start. It appears the car thinks it's running when it isn't (it gives messages like "car can roll away, P not engaged" (whatever that message is.) First time it did it I even had it towed. Now it has done it a few times and I've realized all I have to do is get out, lock it up for 10 or 20 minutes, problem solved. But before you do that (and realize that) can be pretty frightening. Anyone else have that?

Finally, my trunk-release radar-sensor (for your foot to activate) was running constantly (I didn't realize it) and when they checked it as it was draining power, they found the connector corroded(!) (after like 3 month on the road) and had to take off the bumper to run a new section of wiring harness-- MB made it should like it was becoming a known problem-- anyone else experience same?

Sorry for the omnibus post, appreciated!

Old 05-21-2022, 10:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
BMW M3 cabrio
OK, so I was wrong that time .
But, am I crazy or did the update that came in Thursday night (or maybe it was Wednesday? I got a push-notification on my phone in the evening,) -actually- this time make remote-start work?
I'm about 4 for 5 on remote start attempts since that update, vs about 1 for 30 up till then.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Nissan GTR
Last time I tried the remote start on my E-Class, the car shuts off when the door is opened. Never saw the point in this case... That's a fix I'd welcome.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT43
Originally Posted by Flex6
Last time I tried the remote start on my E-Class, the car shuts off when the door is opened. Never saw the point in this case... That's a fix I'd welcome.
Has anyone figured out a way to transition from remote start to driving without car shutting off? When I hit unlock on the FOB or use the door handle to unlock the engine turns off. This is counter to all the other (non MB) vehicles I have owned.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by JD5566
Has anyone figured out a way to transition from remote start to driving without car shutting off? When I hit unlock on the FOB or use the door handle to unlock the engine turns off. This is counter to all the other (non MB) vehicles I have owned.
It's something they simply just have refused to change.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT43
Originally Posted by Flex6
It's something they simply just have refused to change.
Thanks for the info, thought I was doing something wrong.