Lock spoiler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT53
Lock spoiler?

GT53

Any way to lock the spoiler at a set position or disable it altogether? Personally I think it looks ridiculous all the way up. I've stopped it at a level I like but it only stays there for a minute or 2 or until I go over a certain speed. You would think it would be fairly easy to manually control it and override the annoying and horribly inconsistent automatic movement. TIA
Old 04-26-2021, 07:25 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by PittDoc
GT53

Any way to lock the spoiler at a set position or disable it altogether? Personally I think it looks ridiculous all the way up. I've stopped it at a level I like but it only stays there for a minute or 2 or until I go over a certain speed. You would think it would be fairly easy to manually control it and override the annoying and horribly inconsistent automatic movement. TIA
if I'm not mistaken you can hold the button down and release it when it's where you want it and I think it stays till you restart the car.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT53
No, you can't stop it on the way up only on the way down and the car can't be moving. If you stop it on the way down, it only stays in that position if the car is stopped. Once you start driving, it closes and then resumes automatic control.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:39 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by PittDoc
GT53

if you want to totally disable it permanently, I think Renntech sells a module for that.