Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SlagDiz ‘22 GT53 Ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 AMG GT 43
Ive had my 43 for over a year and put on 15k miles so far and have had one issue. The car died randomly one day after a week of sitting in the garage, got it towed to the dealership and they fixed it with a simple software update. Apparently the 48v battery drained because of a bug in the system.

My only other complaint is placement of cup holders, but thats on all newer Mercedes models, they’re too close together. The only thing with the GT’s is that they’re buried in the center console so you have trouble with small cups fitting and bigger cups spilling.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:35 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
GT53, GLE53
Arrow IT'S HERE

Okay all,
Vehicle arrived. I take delivery tomorrow (May 30). Attaching some preliminary photos and videos from dealership. It was pretty nice being able to track the ship with the PO number from mercedes on Vesselfinder.com. Just enter PO# in the pulldown for Cust Ref Number (it won't return a result until your vehicle is loaded on a ship). There is a thread on this forum that details the process. Time from VPC (25 May arrival) to departing the VPC (26 May) was remarkable. Then via enclosed carrier to the dealer. Video attached.

Am taking the vehicle immediately to CeramicPro for multiple coats to protect that matte paint, ppf film, and window tint. Ordered a flushmount performance spoiler from chrome-tec. All set! I'll update photos once I get to dealer and care is actually prepped and cleaned.

Regards,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails -free-ais-ship-tracker-vesselfinder-copy.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5320.MOV (17.09 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by SlagDizzle; 05-30-2022 at 07:41 AM. Reason: text broken by photos
Old 05-30-2022, 08:07 PM

GT53, GLE53

That matte carbon!

delivered!!!
Old 05-31-2022, 11:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Infiniti
Congratulations! Looks good.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT43
WOW! Spectacular. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am. I’m jealous of your wheels

Getting to 1000 miles feels like forever...
Old 06-02-2022, 11:43 AM

GT53, GLE53
Originally Posted by JD5566
WOW! Spectacular. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am. I’m jealous of your wheels

Getting to 1000 miles feels like forever...
JD,

I hear that… especially when it’s not the daily. I had the windows tinted 15%, looks great. Powdercoating the calipers and CeramicPro next week. Have to go by the paint shop to confirm they can color match the spoiler from my other thread if I order it.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:25 PM

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
‘21 GLS63, '23 GLE63s
How happy have you been with it so far now that it’s been a bit? Any options you don’t really value or any you wish you had now? I have a 63 on order for a October build that is spec’d almost identical to yours minus a few options (pano roof).

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2022, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW X5
I am debating between the 53 or 63, what mostly made you go with the 63 over the 53? Have you test driven both? I've only had a chance to test drive the 53. I did like the performance and the sound of it. How does the 63 compare in terms of ride comfort and sound?
Old 07-27-2022, 05:49 AM

‘21 GLS63, '23 GLE63s
Originally Posted by ambitionz
I am debating between the 53 or 63, what mostly made you go with the 63 over the 53? Have you test driven both? I've only had a chance to test drive the 53. I did like the performance and the sound of it. How does the 63 compare in terms of ride comfort and sound?
me personally - I have a GLS63 with the M177 engine and I love that thing. Sounds great. Excellent power and a German V8. Can’t get better than that. But I also drove the 63S at the AMG Driving Academy last year and really liked it then. So it wasn’t a practicality thing for me - just what I wanted. I did “save” some money by not ordering the 63S - figuring if I really want that extra power I can get a tune.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:25 AM

Received 198 Likes on 153 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Panzerlied?

Originally Posted by ambitionz
If you live in a City with dense bumper to bumper traffic and have no intention to drag race and beat my AMG E63s Wagon get the 53. Old roommate just took delivery of a 2023 M850i Cabriolet in DC near the Navy Yards and now feels the M840's inline 6 would have been a wiser choice with the traffic patterns around his Condo especially since is now retired and everything is within walking distance from L street except for his preferred Gym in Virginia just 10 top down miles away. He might open it up on Thanksgiving and Christmas for trips home to the Norfolk area and maybe stay for a few hours with family but rarely overnight. The novelty of his TTV8 brutal nature has already worn off after the first 2-months of ownership in his Capitol Cocoon. I chose the E63s Wagon for Time Travel between Tucson, Santa Fe, and Dallas...
Old 08-22-2022, 01:42 PM

GT53, GLE53
Originally Posted by DubDub12
How happy have you been with it so far now that it’s been a bit? Any options you don’t really value or any you wish you had now? I have a 63 on order for a October build that is spec’d almost identical to yours minus a few options (pano roof).

Thanks!
First, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I will do better.
I am really enjoying all the options. Oddly, I went back and forth on the pano roof when I realized it was a fixed position deal. Ultimately, I am glad I went for it. I am 6' 2" and had heard all the forum chat about restricted headroom and sunlight. I don't have any of those issues. Plenty of headroom and the retractable cover over the tinted pano glass cuts out most of the light.

As far as the other options, there aren't any regrets. The one that I thought to be the silliest, fragrance, I am actually really thankful for. Don't laugh. Each day I get in that car, it has this beach-wood scent (AMG 63?) which just makes the event of driving it around that 1% better. I know it sounds silly, but it is what it is ha.

Hope this helps!
Brian
Old 08-22-2022, 02:33 PM

‘21 GLS63, '23 GLE63s
Thanks, this is super helpful. I'm also 6'2"-6'3" depending on who is measuring me lol. I didn't opt for the pano roof yet and is the one option I kept going back and forth on as well. I have it on my wife's GLE and my current GLS and really like it, but those also open. I may call my dealer and have them add that to the build before it goes into the status where it can't change.

Thanks!