Sponsored by:

Center Console Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 11:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 AMG GT 43
Center Console Removal

Took apart my center console to wrap it, heres how it’s done for anyone looking to do it in the future. A lot of these steps can be followed for all newer mercedes models just might differ with how many plugs there are to unplug.

First off, you just pry off the trim piece that holds the button to open up the center console storage. (make sure you press the button so you don’t break off the hooks that hold the console shut.

Next, youre going to undo the two T20 screws that hold the console down which will allow you to pull the center console out which you should do in an up and back motion.

After, you’re gunna unplug the three plugs that connect to the shifter, and side buttons. As well as the ones in back for the cigarette lighter, usb plugs, climate controls, and center touch pad.

Now, you should be able to pull it out without any hinderances.

To put it back together follow the directions in reverse.

I've added a few photos that circle exactly which plugs you’re gunna undo.

Hope this helped, I post more on my Instagram about my GT43 @SmokeyTheGT.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT43
Thanks for the info! Looks awesome. You’re a lot more risk loving than I am, however. I’d end up breaking every clip in the process.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 AMG GT 43
[QUOTE=JD5566;8547709]
Thats the best part, no small fragile clips with the center console. There are guide clips though but they’re a thick plastic 2mm or so, they don’t really flex. Everything is held together with T20 or T25 torx bits to eliminate the creaking that you get from the plastic clips