Sponsored by:

2022 GT53 Delivered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 06:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
GT53, GLE53
Smile 2022 GT53 Delivered

Spoiled it a bit in my other post, but took delivery about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Timeline: Ordered in December, produced in April, shipped from Bremhaven (sp) mid-may, arrived at Brunswick, GA, May 25, at Dealer May 29 via enclosed carrier. All pretty top notch.

Immediately took it to tint and ceramicpro as I am terrified of the matte paint. Had PPF done as well. Got bored and did the calipers yesterday, but may try another color later date. It's a great car, rides much smoother than my C43 on the rough roads in Memphis. Even in sport+. Really really impressed. And yes, the MBUX hand movement is assigned to the seat massage ha. Use it now every drive!

The following 2 users liked this post by SlagDizzle:
MBArizona (03-30-2023), thebishman (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 08:15 AM

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
‘21 GLS63, '23 GLE63s
Nice spec! It’s about what I am ordering on a GT63S so it’s great to see it in pictures. Anything you would change so far?
Old 06-18-2022, 09:47 AM

GT53, GLE53
Originally Posted by DubDub12
Nice spec! It’s about what I am ordering on a GT63S so it’s great to see it in pictures. Anything you would change so far?
i absolutely love all the features. Would have loved to do a 63 or 63S but as we all know that’s a an entire different league.

so here are my thoughts after a few weeks:
1. 1,000 mile break in takes forever. (300 miles now)
2. Seat massagers are a gimmick but I LOVE them. I have the MBUX hand gesture assigned to massage and it’s on before I leave the driveway.
3. I love the seats. Glad I went with the ones I ordered. The lumbar hugs and the side bolsters are active pushing against me in the turns.
4. the hud and driver assist package. Keeps the lane and distance from other cars while I relax.
5. Matte carbon trim. Couldn’t be happier and this is the only option to have the center console trim in black vice matte silver plastic which I didn’t prefer.

Other things: glad I went with the pano roof even though it’s fixed. Looks much nicer.

dislikes:
1. As stated many times in these threads: What engineer designed the cup holders? They are buried so deep down that a large coffee won’t fit. Don’t even try a coffee mug ha. And if you have a large tumbler for iced coffee etc, it may rub the carbon lip of the trim which triggers the console door cover to close when you lift the cup up.

Old 06-18-2022, 09:55 AM

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
‘21 GLS63, '23 GLE63s
I have a ‘21 GLS63 right now with all of those options - except the matte carbon fiber. That’s one I was really wanting for this, I hate the finger prints on mine now. Active bolstering seats isn’t an option on the GLS so that’s good to hear. It’s one I wanted but wasn’t sure if it was a gimmick or not.

thanks for the info - it’s super helpful.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT 63
1/ are soft close helpful at all?
2/ massage function every time you drive? What makes it so great?
3/ HUD doesn’t distract you after a few minutes?

these three are my borderline cuts on my order

Old 06-19-2022, 10:09 PM

GT53, GLE53
Originally Posted by Kinsman175
1/ are soft close helpful at all?
2/ massage function every time you drive? What makes it so great?
3/ HUD doesn’t distract you after a few minutes?

these three are my borderline cuts on my order
1/ interesting you mention the soft close doors. My wife has the same on her GLE and I swear they aren’t even installed on mine (compared to how effective hers are). Odd right?

2/ just relaxing to me. Heated back and shoulder is pretty nice.

3/ not at all.