Sponsored by:

2022 AMG GT53

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 12:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG GT53
2022 AMG GT53

Just picked up this beauty from local dealership. Pretty much exact spec as I would’ve built and they were “only” charging MSRP so as a serial car flipper I said “why not”?

Most recent car was a BMW M850i GC which was a beast and super fast/luxurious but didn’t really give a lot of feedback to the driver.

Some initial thoughts:

1. Love the inline 6 so far! Can I actually say I prefer I6 sound to the V8? I loved the sound from my 911 previously and this totally reminds me of that, especially with downshifts. Totally addicting!

2. It is very fast. I have not noticed much drop off in power delivery at least up to 80mph compared to the M850 which has much more horsepower. And it definitely FEELS faster because it is more engaging and you hear what is going on a lot more. I question the 4.4 sec official 0-60 time and suspect it is closer to 4 as per C&D.

3. Handling is absolutely amazing. Very similar to the panamera. Makes the car feel much smaller and feels like it is on rails. Suspension is definitely stiffer than the 850 and closer to the 911. Does not feel floaty one bit and I think this is the differentiating factor of AMG GT driving dynamics compared to other 53s which are not like this and compared to the recent 850 which was more comfort oriented. It feels like a proper larger sports car.

4. The AMG sport exhaust is so so good. It is very genuine and you only hear the pops and bangs when you should. In the 850, every time you let off the gas you heard the pops which is cool initially but gets old really fast. This has a much deeper and true sound and I absolutely love it.

5. Looks are jaw dropping and love the rocket ship look. Magno selenite is absolutely stunning on this car (graphite grey close second but like the contrast more on selenite). Wouldnt change a thing about how it looks and pics dont do it justice. The color can go from dark to lighter quite dramatically depending on the lighting.

6. Interior is also jaw dropping. Red pepper is very bright but I think it suits a car like this. I am actually considering not tinting a car for the first time because it contrasts so nicely with the exterior!

7. MBUX takes a little getting used to but I think I now have it set to what I like. The Idrive on BMW is much simpler and I think BMW does some things better (HUD for example). Overall, very pleased.

In terms of negatives, not many so far! I do hear some wind noise and a door rattle so will have that looked at the dealership shortly but otherwise so far so good.

On to some pics. Will take better ones soon!

The following 2 users liked this post by NYG1121:
DubDub12 (07-06-2022), thebishman (07-06-2022)