Changing temp from F to C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200
Changing temp from F to C

Hi all
does anyone know how to change the temp reading from F to C ? I suspect it can be done through MBUX developer menu? Thanks
Old 07-16-2022, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by Gerag
Hi all
does anyone know how to change the temp reading from F to C ? I suspect it can be done through MBUX developer menu? Thanks
I've been wondering myself for awhile now, with no luck in the menus.

Seems like its something that has to be done at the dealer...
Old 07-16-2022, 05:19 PM

E200
Originally Posted by Flex6
I've been wondering myself for awhile now, with no luck in the menus.

Seems like its something that has to be done at the dealer...
strangely enough, there is no way to do it through menu, I can confirm
still hope to be able to change it in dealer/ developer submenu, just wondered if anyone has tried that option already
Old 07-16-2022, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,631 Posts
2019 C63CS
I think you are the same person who posted this question in the AMG PL. I responded there, but just in case. Unfortunately, MB/AMG decided to tie this to the region of the car and use the prevailing units of the respective region. The unit of measures other than for distance cannot be changed w/o coding the car for a different region. My understanding is this can only be done by the factory or the importing VPC. Some have claimed that RJ Automotive or MB House can do it, but I've yet to see somebody actually getting it done by them, and I'm not sure I'd want the region to be changed just to change the temperature unit of measure. Who knows what else is tied to the region setting.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:22 PM

E200
Originally Posted by superswiss
I think you are the same person who posted this question in the AMG PL. I responded there, but just in case. Unfortunately, MB/AMG decided to tie this to the region of the car and use the prevailing units of the respective region. The unit of measures other than for distance cannot be changed w/o coding the car for a different region. My understanding is this can only be done by the factory or the importing VPC. Some have claimed that RJ Automotive or MB House can do it, but I've yet to see somebody actually getting it done by them, and I'm not sure I'd want the region to be changed just to change the temperature unit of measure. Who knows what else is tied to the region setting.
Yes, I posted the same on the forum you mentioned, and thanks for responding! I hope at least authorized dealership will be able to change it, if needed. Still, do not understand the reason of having default setting on temperature, to me it is absolutely meaningless.
Will keep the forum posted if a go around is found, as this seems to be of interest for many owners.