Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea on how long the current generation 4-door AMG GT body style might last?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Any idea on how long the current generation 4-door AMG GT body style might last?

I know Mercedes normally does 6 or 7 year "generations". The AMG GT is kind of weird because they started the coupe before the 4-door coupe. How long do you guys think the 4-door cycle will last?
I know some people had heard rumors they were going to dump it altogether.....not sure what year.

I just don't want to go spend a ton of money and then they come out with a new model in a year.
With BMW, you have a pretty good idea of when their generations are ending...
Old 07-30-2022, 12:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Nissan GTR
I wouldn't be surprised if this is probably one of the last V8s they end up making, considering they skipped the 22MY.

But as far as the style and trim, my guess would be good as anyone elses.
The following users liked this post:
AMGstar305 (12-08-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Agreed on the V8's.....the AMG GT 4 door is kind of weird because the R190 coupe has been out for awhile now whereas the 4 door has only been out since 2019. Normally I would think it would be a 7 year cycle like all other Mercedes generations.....but I wonder if they come out with a new 4 door once the new 2 door comes out next year....or if they ax it altogether....or whether they continue with the current AMG GT 4 door until 2025 when it would be 7 years. They just did a LCI on the 4 door last year....so I can't see them just stopping it suddenly next year or something.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW X5
Originally Posted by mjr24
Agreed on the V8's.....the AMG GT 4 door is kind of weird because the R190 coupe has been out for awhile now whereas the 4 door has only been out since 2019. Normally I would think it would be a 7 year cycle like all other Mercedes generations.....but I wonder if they come out with a new 4 door once the new 2 door comes out next year....or if they ax it altogether....or whether they continue with the current AMG GT 4 door until 2025 when it would be 7 years. They just did a LCI on the 4 door last year....so I can't see them just stopping it suddenly next year or something.
Agree as well. I wouldn't think they would discontinue the GT 4 door after having achieved the accolades it has and popularity this quickly. It's gaining traction and a solid competitor to the Porsche Panamera and BMW 8 GC.