Wireless carplay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Wireless carplay

So one of the downsides with going from BMW to Mercedes was no wireless carplay on MBUX (not to mention the smaller Carplay screen). I ended up buying the Carlinkit 4.0 based off some reviews but quite honestly wasn't expecting much and was prepared to return it if it did not work fast and perfectly like the OEM BMW system does. To my surprise, it's pretty damn good. It takes maybe 30 seconds to load up and connect when you get in the car but I don't have to press any buttons or anything with my phone or the unit after the initial setup. It automatically detects my phone and starts it the second I get in the car. The little box is like 3 inches by 2 inches and I just keep it in my center storage console hooked into the USB-C. Was $105 off Amazon.....just a FYI for people as I know a lot of those kits work like crap. I may have had once or twice it froze and I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB-C plug....but this has been like 1 in 100 times it does that. The system seems just as fast as when my phone was plugged in normally. Definitely was worth the money assuming it lasts....
Old 09-27-2022, 05:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
gls c63 E300
Originally Posted by mjr24
So one of the downsides with going from BMW to Mercedes was no wireless carplay on MBUX (not to mention the smaller Carplay screen). I ended up buying the Carlinkit 4.0 based off some reviews but quite honestly wasn't expecting much and was prepared to return it if it did not work fast and perfectly like the OEM BMW system does. To my surprise, it's pretty damn good. It takes maybe 30 seconds to load up and connect when you get in the car but I don't have to press any buttons or anything with my phone or the unit after the initial setup. It automatically detects my phone and starts it the second I get in the car. The little box is like 3 inches by 2 inches and I just keep it in my center storage console hooked into the USB-C. Was $105 off Amazon.....just a FYI for people as I know a lot of those kits work like crap. I may have had once or twice it froze and I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB-C plug....but this has been like 1 in 100 times it does that. The system seems just as fast as when my phone was plugged in normally. Definitely was worth the money assuming it lasts....
I ordered version 4.0 from carlinkit official store and it worked perfectly for two months. It only cost me $89 and they gave me a 15% discount. I think service is more important than low price. Three months ago I went to Amazon to buy an adapter, I can't get the corresponding after-sales help, so I returned the adapter to Amazon. That's probably why Amazon's rating is only 3.7. I have to say that the official website's after-service is so nice. If you encounter problems in use, they will give you a corresponding solution, and they reply very fast.
The discount code is "SAVE15".
The link is as follows: carlinkit 4.0 wireless carplay adapter
Old 09-28-2022, 05:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Originally Posted by Constant.12
I ordered version 4.0 from carlinkit official store and it worked perfectly for two months. It only cost me $89 and they gave me a 15% discount. I think service is more important than low price. Three months ago I went to Amazon to buy an adapter, I can't get the corresponding after-sales help, so I returned the adapter to Amazon. That's probably why Amazon's rating is only 3.7. I have to say that the official website's after-service is so nice. If you encounter problems in use, they will give you a corresponding solution, and they reply very fast.
The discount code is "SAVE15".
The link is as follows: carlinkit 4.0 wireless carplay adapter
Actually, it's not official store.

I also have a similar device. I got mine from carlinkitcarplay.com just use their 18% pro code "MBF". They have a professional customer service team.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E260
Originally Posted by Blum keilany

I also have a similar device. I got mine from carlinkitcarplay.com just use their 18% pro code "MBF". They have a professional customer service team.
The promo codes available? Can you please provide the link to the carlinkit?
Old 09-29-2022, 09:20 AM

AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by Blum keilany

Yes, Amazon is not an official store. If you have problems during use, their customer service will not provide effective help at all. Very bad.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:29 AM

AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by Koine
I ordered carlinkit 3.0 and it worked perfectly for two months. It only cost me $80. The website's after-service is very good. When I encountered a problem in use, they quickly gave the corresponding solution, very professional.
The link is as follows:
https://carlinkitofficial.com/produc...e-with-98-cars

Last edited by Dohan; 10-02-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 AMG GT43
Can you still use the Bluetooth features from MBUX?

Originally Posted by mjr24
Old 10-27-2022, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Yes, you can....

Definitely my best buy for this car so far. I velcroed the unit to the underside of one of the center console doors so it's out of the way when I open the center console.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Originally Posted by Koine
Yep. Here you go.
https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...carplay/?zz=gy