2023 GT63 - Parking Assist and PARKTRONIC Inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT63
2023 GT63 - Parking Assist and PARKTRONIC Inoperative

Recently I had this error pop up immediately starting the car and wondering if anyone else is having the same software issues. It's happened to me twice already and I'm not sure how to replicate it. Both times I was parked for a short period (<8 hours) and once the car started up, the sensors all flared up red and then threw out this error code and my center console was stuck with the AMG logo. Couldn't access navi, media, phone, however the backup camera was still functioning. Another time the blind spot assist wasn't functioning either and there was no warning or error codes. Planning to take it in for diagnostic but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.

As always, thank you all in advance.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,669 Posts
2019 C63CS
A common cause for this are low voltage issues. Likely another side effect of your LA stop&go driving mostly. The battery doesn't really get charged sufficiently with the engine at idle speed mostly, so sooner or later your battery will be low and then these issues start popping up. Put it on a battery maintainer and see if it goes away. Keep in mind that even when parked there's a constant power draw, because the car maintains an online connection. If you park underground with a weak cell signal, then the power draw will be even higher, because it will constantly look for a good cell signal. Just like mobile phones drain the battery if you are outside of cell coverage due to them trying to find a network to connect to.

One way to minimize this is to use the standby mode if available. It turns off the online connection, but also turns off the car alarm, so unless you have a private garage that's probably not a good idea. I know yours has MBUX, but just as a reference here's what it looks like in COMAND. I use this when I go on a trip for a couple of weeks or more. The nice thing is it tells you exactly for how long you can leave the car parked before needing to charge the battery. With a full battery I get 21 weeks as shown.

not a good idea.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-23-2023 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:15 PM

AMG GT63
Originally Posted by superswiss
A common cause for this are low voltage issues. Likely another side effect of your LA stop&go driving mostly. The battery doesn't really get charged sufficiently with the engine at idle speed mostly, so sooner or later your battery will be low and then these issues start popping up. Put it on a battery maintainer and see if it goes away. Keep in mind that even when parked there's a constant power draw, because the car maintains an online connection. If you park underground with a weak cell signal, then the power draw will be even higher, because it will constantly look for a good cell signal. Just like mobile phones drain the battery if you are outside of cell coverage due to them trying to find a network to connect to.

One way to minimize this is to use the standby mode if available. It turns off the online connection, but also turns off the car alarm, so unless you have a private garage that's probably not a good idea. I know yours has MBUX, but just as a reference here's what it looks like in COMAND. I use this when I go on a trip for a couple of weeks or more. The nice thing is it tells you exactly for how long you can leave the car parked before needing to charge the battery. With a full battery I get 21 weeks as shown.

not a good idea.
That explains a lot, thank you for all this information. I do park underground and cell signal is extremely weak so that could explain it. I also have a dashcam that gets triggered in parking mode, however I was prudent enough to get a battery pack for that. Starting to wonder if the battery pack was installed incorrectly and it's drawing power from the car battery first before the external battery pack.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:43 AM

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
21GT634DR, 17C63s, 08GL450
I have constant voltage issues with my 2021 GT63. But I also don’t drive much and I know it’s me vs car. I get these errors on start too however if I drive for a while everything is perfect. Thinking of connecting battery drip charger. Only have 9500 miles in 3 years of ownership. It’s my 4th car and I love it. But the electrical errors on cold start is annoying. I know it’s nothing major as it fixes after driving.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:13 AM

AMG GT63
So a quick update. I haven't had any recent voltage issues and even tried parking outside where there's a clear signal and the errors continue from time to time. The shop foreman says no other car is experiencing my issues and it seems to be getting worse where blind spot assist, map functions, traffic sign assist, and even rear axle steering start to throw out error messages. At this point even my service rep said I should just call MB and lemon the car. Doesn't seem like it's a voltage issue since I mentioned this to the shop and they tested the battery and found no issues.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:23 AM

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
21GT634DR, 17C63s, 08GL450
Originally Posted by sil-abc
So a quick update. I haven't had any recent voltage issues and even tried parking outside where there's a clear signal and the errors continue from time to time. The shop foreman says no other car is experiencing my issues and it seems to be getting worse where blind spot assist, map functions, traffic sign assist, and even rear axle steering start to throw out error messages. At this point even my service rep said I should just call MB and lemon the car. Doesn't seem like it's a voltage issue since I mentioned this to the shop and they tested the battery and found no issues.
as a matter of fact my car is dead sitting in parking lot of my work. I got all those issues at start for last few days and then check engine light. Yesterday when I tried starting it ran for like 5 secs and stopped. And then never started. I believe my car has some voltage issues in cold weather. I never had this when I was in Tampa FL for 2 years. Recently I am moved to colder part of US and when temp dips below 40 it starts all these issues. I would let you know what dealer would say when I tow it today. I can’t lemon mine as it’s 2021