Rear brake caliper release.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 AMG GT 63S
Rear brake caliper release.

I’m trying to replace the rear brake pads on my 21, GT 63S. I can’t figure out how to disengage the calipers in order to replace the pads. I know other vehicles, I think you’re supposed to hold the phone button and the OK button at the same time, and then it will pop up in the display, but that’s with the older versions with a different steering wheel. I’m hoping someone out there can give me some info on this. Thanks..
Old 06-27-2023, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,669 Posts
2019 C63CS
I created the attached PDF for my indy with the instructions for how to retract the pistons.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Retracting rear pistons.pdf (242.8 KB, 69 views)
The following users liked this post:
Dicecal (07-01-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 03:33 AM

2021 AMG GT 63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
I created the attached PDF for my indy with the instructions for how to retract the pistons.
Thanks man. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow, and see what happens,
Old 06-28-2023, 02:09 PM

2021 AMG GT 63S
Originally Posted by AMGEEZEE
Thanks man. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow, and see what happens,
I’m not sure, if I’m responding back the right way on these threads, but oh well. Lol. Anyway, I tried that, and it doesn’t work. I can hold the home button forever and nothing happens. No I do have a maintenance tab in that home section, that shows like that assist plus and stuff. But there’s nothing in there about the brake pads. This really sucks man cause I’m trying to drive my damn car and I can’t. Lol
Old 06-28-2023, 02:10 PM

2021 AMG GT 63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
I’m not sure, if I’m responding back the right way on these threads, but oh well. Lol. Anyway, I tried that, and it doesn’t work. I can hold the home button forever and nothing happens. No I do have a maintenance tab in that home section, that shows like that assist plus and stuff. But there’s nothing in there about the brake pads. This really sucks man cause I’m trying to drive my damn car and I can’t. Lol
Old 06-28-2023, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,669 Posts
2019 C63CS
It should work. Follow the instructions exactly. You are most likely on the wrong trip computer screen or in the wrong ignition position. The following video may help. One thing I just realized, though, is that you have to press the Back button. However, if the car is equipped with the Driver Assistance package, then Home/Back is the same button to the left of the touchpad. W/o Driver Assistance package, the Home button is to the right of the touchpad. Either way, you have to press and hold the left button as shown in the video and as indicated in my PDF. I should have referred to it as the Back button, and not the Home button.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-28-2023 at 04:57 PM.