Possible Lemon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT63
Possible Lemon?

2023 GT63 w/ driver assistance package

I got the car back in May and since then I've had to drop it off at the dealership at least 3 times for this problem. Something is glitching up the parktronic, park assist, and blind spot assist where I'll start the car and immediately the sensors go crazy and say I'm up against an obstacle all around the car then freeze the operating system. The navigation console will just show the AMG logo and none of the buttons, touchscreen, or commands work. The car still runs and backup camera and tach still functions, but radio, navi, telephone, literally everything else is frozen and I have to turn off the car and wait a few minutes for it to reboot itself. Dealership scanned the error codes and it's consistently showing: B223202, B223231, B223229, B223247 all of them involving PARKTRONIC; there are other additional error codes but these are the ones that always popped up. Each time the foreman did a guided test, checked communication with control units, test drive, and comes back ok, however it's already happened 3 times and I'm worried it's bound to happen again. Apparently I'm the only one experiencing this particular issue and dealership isn't sure why it keeps coming back up. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Assuming this does happen again, would this be considered a lemon?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 08-30-2023, 12:19 PM

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
2023 AMG GT 63 S, 2020 F8 Tributo
Originally Posted by sil-abc
2023 GT63 w/ driver assistance package

I got the car back in May and since then I've had to drop it off at the dealership at least 3 times for this problem. Something is glitching up the parktronic, park assist, and blind spot assist where I'll start the car and immediately the sensors go crazy and say I'm up against an obstacle all around the car then freeze the operating system. The navigation console will just show the AMG logo and none of the buttons, touchscreen, or commands work. The car still runs and backup camera and tach still functions, but radio, navi, telephone, literally everything else is frozen and I have to turn off the car and wait a few minutes for it to reboot itself. Dealership scanned the error codes and it's consistently showing: B223202, B223231, B223229, B223247 all of them involving PARKTRONIC; there are other additional error codes but these are the ones that always popped up. Each time the foreman did a guided test, checked communication with control units, test drive, and comes back ok, however it's already happened 3 times and I'm worried it's bound to happen again. Apparently I'm the only one experiencing this particular issue and dealership isn't sure why it keeps coming back up. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Assuming this does happen again, would this be considered a lemon?

Thank you all in advance.
Bummer for sure. Lemon laws vary by state, perhaps consult with an attorney or do some research.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
a little bit of this... a little bit of that
You should be able to open a claim with MB. Give their customer service a ring.