Sponsored by:

GT63 brake parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT 63
Smile GT63 brake parts

Hi Folks: I recently paid almost $6,000 for replacement of rear pads and rotors on my 2019 GT 63 with about 40,000 miles. Parts were about 80% of the cost and I was charged list for those. The list prices appear to be at least 25% higher than the parts can be obtained on line. I have to believe that the online prices are still higher than wholesale because the online vendor has to make some profit. My CPO warranty was extended until 6/26 so I'm reluctant not to go to a dealer when the front brakes need to be done, even though my dealer says that those will be even more expensive than the rears because the rotors are larger. Has anyone had any experience with a dealer willing to charge less than full retail on parts? If not, is there any way to get a brake job done by an outside brake shop without jeopardizing the warranty?
Old 02-13-2024, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT63
Originally Posted by Narrowriver
Hi Folks: I recently paid almost $6,000 for replacement of rear pads and rotors on my 2019 GT 63 with about 40,000 miles. Parts were about 80% of the cost and I was charged list for those. The list prices appear to be at least 25% higher than the parts can be obtained on line. I have to believe that the online prices are still higher than wholesale because the online vendor has to make some profit. My CPO warranty was extended until 6/26 so I'm reluctant not to go to a dealer when the front brakes need to be done, even though my dealer says that those will be even more expensive than the rears because the rotors are larger. Has anyone had any experience with a dealer willing to charge less than full retail on parts? If not, is there any way to get a brake job done by an outside brake shop without jeopardizing the warranty?
Unfortunately those prices are in line to what my rep told me as well. He mentioned a few other owners in LA tracked theirs and had to replace their brakes around the same mileage as you and paid around $15K for a full set. Getting it for cheaper at the dealership is unlikely.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:44 AM

AMG GT 63
Originally Posted by sil-abc
Unfortunately those prices are in line to what my rep told me as well. He mentioned a few other owners in LA tracked theirs and had to replace their brakes around the same mileage as you and paid around $15K for a full set. Getting it for cheaper at the dealership is unlikely.
Thanks for the input.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
a little bit of this... a little bit of that
Let me help you and others out.

i have a CLS 63 S and a GT 63S.

Buy ALL your parts and liquids you need from fcpeuro.com. I buy Liquid Moly motor oil, engine additives, front and rear brake pads and rotors and have my Indy MB shop do the labor. It saves me THOUSANDS!!

the kicker… you only need to buy rotors, pads and engine oil only once because it’s LIFETIME replacement on these items (and most other items) for FREE (once you return the used parts/oils.

find yourself a good Indy shop that works on MB l. Front rotors and EBC red stuff pads (lots less dust) installed by Indy costs me $2200 for everything.

Traci your car the next day and fry your rotors and pads…. Order another set from fcpeuro and when you send your used ones back, they’ll credit back your account.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:39 AM

AMG GT 63
GT 63 brake parts

Originally Posted by locogringo
Let me help you and others out.

i have a CLS 63 S and a GT 63S.

Buy ALL your parts and liquids you need from fcpeuro.com. I buy Liquid Moly motor oil, engine additives, front and rear brake pads and rotors and have my Indy MB shop do the labor. It saves me THOUSANDS!!

the kicker… you only need to buy rotors, pads and engine oil only once because it’s LIFETIME replacement on these items (and most other items) for FREE (once you return the used parts/oils.

find yourself a good Indy shop that works on MB l. Front rotors and EBC red stuff pads (lots less dust) installed by Indy costs me $2200 for everything.

Traci your car the next day and fry your rotors and pads…. Order another set from fcpeuro and when you send your used ones back, they’ll credit back your account.
Thanks very much, this is great information. One question, are your vehicles still under warranty or have the warranties expired?
Old 03-02-2024, 10:40 AM

AMG GT 63
Thanks very much, this is great information. Are either of your vehicles still under warranty or have the warranties expired?