Sponsored by:

Help: Preventing Code Reset at Dealership Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT63
Help: Preventing Code Reset at Dealership Service

I recently had my GT63 coded to add race mode and drift mode, and to remove the active wing. I'm looking for advice on what to say to the dealership to ensure they don't revert or reset these codes when I bring my car in for service.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:33 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
If you say anything, you call attention to it. Bring the car in for service to an indie. If it needs warranty work you may be in a pickle, and if the warranty work involves the drive train that might be affected by the changes you have made, rather than a pickle you may be in hot water.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:28 PM

GT63
Originally Posted by MalibuScott
If you say anything, you call attention to it. Bring the car in for service to an indie. If it needs warranty work you may be in a pickle, and if the warranty work involves the drive train that might be affected by the changes you have made, rather than a pickle you may be in hot water.
I schedule a regular maintenance to ensure my car is running smoothly and doesn't need any changes to any parts. I consulted RJ Automotive, and they assured me that activating race/drift mode won't void the warranty since it's just an existing feature that needs activation. Additionally, I also needed to code out the active wing because I switched to a fixed wing. I hope this doesn't affect the warranty, especially since these custom codes can be reversed within minutes. However the car engine was never tampered with, I didn't tune it or enhance its performance in any way.

Last edited by GT63; 06-08-2024 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 03:24 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
You read my response to you in another thread you started where I cited the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, didn't you?
Old 06-09-2024, 03:36 PM

GT63
Originally Posted by MalibuScott
You read my response to you in another thread you started where I cited the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, didn't you?
Hey, yes, I did read your comments about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and it was very helpful. So far, there haven't been any issues with the custom coding, so I don't see why it would void the warranty. Plus, it can be reverted within minutes if needed. The only problem is that the steering wheel's vertical adjustment is stuck, though I can hear the motor trying to work. This issue has been ongoing for a couple of months before I got the coding. I scheduled a service appointment back in April, but the earliest available slot was on the 11th of June.