Sponsored by:

New 2023 Slipping 1st Gear?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 01:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Nissan GTR
New 2023 Slipping 1st Gear?

Long time viewer of the forum, and finally got around to picking up a 2023 GT63 (Non-S). The car has always struck a chord with me being seemingly a great balance of practicality and performance, and coming from a 2018 Nissan GT-R as a Daily, this car seemed to check all the boxes.

But one thing I immediately noticed, even during my test drive, was how the car would advanced really slowly from a stop, almost as if it was slipping first gear and then suddenly lurching and grabbing onto second. It's not a violent lurch but it certainly doesn't always feel like a very cohesive progression of forward moment. I found that it's incredibly pronounced from a cold start.

I originally wrote this off as just a quirk of the AMG drivetrain, being as I am new to the family. But it's really starting to seem odd as this car could conceivably be a daily driver, but seems to have such non-linear acceleration from a stop. I'm close to booking an appointment with my dealer, but I was hoping to get some perspective before getting em on the horn. I was reading another member's post about a similar issue, but I figured I'd ask given it's brand new.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Flex6; 07-04-2024 at 02:20 AM.