Sponsored by:

Testing Canbus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Testing Canbus

I have a thread in the audio section trying to figure out a canbus decoder issue for a headunit, but now I'm starting to think I have a canbus issue.

everything in the car works, except I get a message "active headlamp display malfunction" on the instrument cluster, the headlamp work fine, I just see that message, not sure yet if its related

I tapped two wires near the drivers side raceway to check the voltage on the canbus, with the ignition in ACC, I see just under 1v on one wire and about 4v on the other wire, is the normal ? Some folks see 11v (supposed to be at rest) but I never see that.

here are the two wires I tapped

Old 07-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have way too much time on your hands---you need someone with a can bus analyzer or SD scan to solve the problem----you start interrogating your CAN bus with out the knowledge, you will be back whining about more issues--understand your limitations and move on!!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 AM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Yeah, that was starting to dawn on me. Either going to borrow a star setup, or find someone who has the expertise, Just like to do everything myself