Sponsored by:

Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280
Originally Posted by C SEXY 3
Dang, airbags went off for that? I had a similar issue and no airbags deployed which I think saved me from salvage but it was 18k in damages.
The deployed airbags are the deal breaker, so most likely it will get totaled. The dealer cant reset the computer for liability reasons (although there are places that will reprogram for a cost). The airbags, sensors and computer alone will be almost as much as the mechanical parts.

Long, long, long time ago I picked up a 2010 C63 with similar damage, minus the airbags and it cost me about $7k (Really shopping around for used or discounted parts).

Below is my old build thread to prove it IS doable, it just takes some effort.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-facelift.html
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Wassaby
holy sh..t that car overpriced. Three years olds 34k miles and still $55k?
would rather get a brand new C63s for an extra $15k.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Been down this road. I was told it was touch and go at first, but really it was only because the estimator really didnt understand how different our cars are from the regular C Class, and once the nuts and bolts costs start coming in it was a no brainer.
My airbags never went off, there was no door contact (hence no door alignment issues), and nothing was pushed back to touch the motor. There is some damage in the back (got rear ended into a multi car pileup) but they never even considered that before it became a write off.

I had this car for 6 weeks when this happened, and I sent my salesman a pic from the side of the highway and said "you getter find me another one". They had one in hand by the time I got my cheque from my insurance co. Of the 3 I have had, I still like that Tenorite Grey the best.

Last edited by 604 C63; 09-22-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Been down this road. I was told it was touch and go at first, but really it was only because the estimator really didnt understand how different our cars are from the regular C Class, and once the nuts and bolts costs start coming in it was a no brainer.
My airbags never went off, there was no door contact (hence no door alignment issues), and nothing was pushed back to touch the motor. There is some damage in the back (got rear ended into a multi car pileup) but they never even considered that before it became a write off.

I had this car for 6 weeks when this happened, and I sent my salesman a pic from the side of the highway and said "you getter find me another one". They had one in hand by the time I got my cheque from my insurance co. Of the 3 I have had, I still like that Tenorite Grey the best.

^^
I've never been in an accident (knock on wood of course) but I'm curious how does an impact like that feel if you can describe in words?

Also to the OP, let me know the final decision, I have a 2012 CPO sedan I may consider letting go to get me a coupe I've found.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by BEETS
^^
I've never been in an accident (knock on wood of course) but I'm curious how does an impact like that feel if you can describe in words?

Old 09-23-2016, 01:56 PM

2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by fraktv
The deployed airbags are the deal breaker, so most likely it will get totaled. The dealer cant reset the computer for liability reasons (although there are places that will reprogram for a cost). The airbags, sensors and computer alone will be almost as much as the mechanical parts.

Long, long, long time ago I picked up a 2010 C63 with similar damage, minus the airbags and it cost me about $7k (Really shopping around for used or discounted parts).

Below is my old build thread to prove it IS doable, it just takes some effort.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-facelift.html
I remember seeing your thread a few years back, awesome job. It sucks that the car ended up wrecking again in the same way after you sold it.

I think we have similar front end damage. I wonder why your airbags didn't go off, maybe because the collision was above the bumper bar and thats where the sensors are?

Originally Posted by BEETS
^^

Also to the OP, let me know the final decision, I have a 2012 CPO sedan I may consider letting go to get me a coupe I've found.
To be honest I don't remember much of the collision. The other driver pulled out so quickly and all I remember is seeing all white (maybe his car, maybe the airbag?). After impact I just sat there for a good 15 seconds thinking "Did that just really happen? Maybe I am dreaming..."

Anyway, here are more pics from the shop with the hood open. Radiator pushed back a bit but I don't think it got to the front of the engine. I still think she will get totaled once the shop finishes tear down.

Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-t5envdw.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-t4ymzg9.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-5wa8dxj.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-t32oqrh.jpg

Last edited by tag81; 09-23-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG

I love how you can tell you were hard on the brakes because you didn't even hit the bumper lol
Old 09-23-2016, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by C SEXY 3
I love how you can tell you were hard on the brakes because you didn't even hit the bumper lol
Nose down, tail up! 4 cars crashed in front, in a tunnel, and we locked em hard. Just at the last second we got punched from behind and drilled the van in front of us. #5 in a row of 6.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 mercedes c63 AMG
my 2009 c63 amg was in a wreck as well. The airbags were both blown. I was wondering if anyone here did any of the repair work themselves or know of anyone that might be able to help. i took it to my local dealer and they charged me a few hundred bucks and couldnt tell me anything. Didnt even tell me that I need to replace the fuse box because the main fuse blows when the air bags deploy, so i am looking at alternative routes. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:53 PM

W204 Sport
Part Out??

Are you going to part it out? If so I would buy those tail lights for my c63.

Glad you're ok bro!!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 507
Well that sucks. Glad you're OK.

Def make sure you pick the shop and a good one, for the estimates. Just from the pics, that looks close to totaled on value to me. Post how it works out for you, and good luck.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by tag81

TOAST.

The other factor involved is our cars worth as parts is just so high that it does not compute. Whats the motor worth? The transmission? The seats? Exhaust? On and on. Then look at the cost of fixing just one headlight. Or the paint work. The salvage value is just so dang high on imported cars that they are writing them off easier and easier.

You aren't getting that one back, and thats how you want it. Or don't, as the case may be lol.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I'd be shocked if it's not a write off. The rad support is pretty much touching the oil filter cap so she's pushed back at least 4" maybe more. Your coolant overflow tank is skewed.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
yeah i'd be pushing for a write off - no way will it ever drive right again unless it has a crap ton of work done to it and months upon months in the shop ...your front rad mount screwed up quite a bit, power steering / rad reserve ..who knows what else but the car is done
Old 09-26-2016, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
If you part out let me know if I can get this piece:

Old 09-26-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 Amg
I might be selling my car in chicago, either a private sale or a trade in.

Havent made a for sale thread yet, but an overview Approx 25k miles, 2012 c63 couple, black, LSD, non p-31, Eurocharged tune, MBH headers, x-pipe and mids, Weistec catch can, 20% Tints, Niche Targa m129 Wheels. I have the original wheels too, they are currently on my winter tires.

Like i said, just an overview, i can provide all the details and pics if needed, i was thinking of returning it to stock and selling the parts, unless someone wants it with the aftermarket parts.

Last edited by shivsiddh; 09-26-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:23 AM

Stopped by the shop today, they think it is totaled and are waiting for insurance to come take a look and agree. The passenger side fender apron/rail assembly took a hit and would need to be replaced. 4 pulleys damaged as well. I guess it is for the best, I would rather just start over with another car that hasn't had damage. Does anyone recognize this car? Someone on here maybe?

Originally Posted by meat_grease
Are you going to part it out? If so I would buy those tail lights for my c63.

Glad you're ok bro!!
How do you part out a car, doesn't the insurance company usually sell the car at auction when it gets totaled?

Originally Posted by shivsiddh
I might be selling my car in chicago, either a private sale or a trade in...
Thanks but I am only looking for a sedan.

Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-ifz4e7g.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-wnagw54.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-uhkcmvi.jpg
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement-ibmkujn.jpg

Last edited by tag81; 10-02-2016 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
4 pulleys damaged as well.
TOAST. If the motor is impacted in any way then it is D. O. N. E. done.
Sleep easy my friend, you will be getting a new undamaged car.
Even if by some fluke they didn't write it off, you can appeal that and
they will scrub it then for sure.

And that is definitely want. In terms of resale value and/or reliability you
do NOT want this one. Otherwise, every time you hear a strange noise
you will wonder if its about to fall in to pieces on the highway.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
How do you part out a car, doesn't the insurance company usually sell the car at auction when it gets totaled?
You buy it from them. It's easier for them to cut you a cheque minus the sale of the totalled car. Then that totalled car is your problem and they don't have to drag it to some auction to try and recoup some cheese.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
You buy it from them. It's easier for them to cut you a cheque minus the sale of the totalled car. Then that totalled car is your problem and they don't have to drag it to some auction to try and recoup some cheese.
Some insurers are more with this program than others. Where I live we have one giant insurer that everybody pretty much must use, as its a government corp that got privatized. They have their own huge auctions with all the vehicles in the province and they have it down to an art form and like the revenue stream. As a result when I looked at what they were offering me to keep the car and part it out I just laughed and said "Ill take the straight cash option". Dubious it was worth the dollars, never mind the hassle.

If you are interested in going that way, don't even mention it til they say its a total write off. If they are on the fence at all about which way to go, and you introduce the theory that you might be willing to keep it, they just may give you the chance......if you know what I mean.
Get them to say they are writing it, and make you an offer, and then say "I have friends looking for parts, what would you do if......." and see what they say. And remember you can push back on their offer, using comparables that you find. In my case they weren't exactly generous in the cars they were comparing to, but since I had only owned the car about 6 weeks and put about 1200 miles on it then it was hard to argue it wasn't worth what I paid.

Last edited by 604 C63; 10-02-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Oh and two other notes/tips.

MB's extended warranty is one of the very few that clearly states it is funded out the day you buy. There are no pro-rated balances refundable or transferrable if you total. If you totalled on day 2, its all gone and you have to buy again. I got my insurance company to pay me something for this. Then when I bought the next car, I told the dealer I don't care that you are making money off the car, but you suck if you think you are going to hammer me on another warranty. Ill buy the car, but you sell me the warranty at cost, and they did. Dealer typically gets close to half. So between getting paid and the discount at least I didn't get burned on that. Something to keep in mind if you have extended warranty.

The other is that the insurance co won't give you any extra dosh for upgraded aftermarket parts. So I said fine, but I get to take them off and throw the stock stuff back in the trunk.They were cool with that, so I got to keep new diffuser etc etc etc.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Oh and two other notes/tips.

MB's extended warranty is one of the very few that clearly states it is funded out the day you buy. There are no pro-rated balances refundable or transferrable if you total. If you totalled on day 2, its all gone and you have to buy again. I got my insurance company to pay me something for this. Then when I bought the next car, I told the dealer I don't care that you are making money off the car, but you suck if you think you are going to hammer me on another warranty. Ill buy the car, but you sell me the warranty at cost, and they did. Dealer typically gets close to half. So between getting paid and the discount at least I didn't get burned on that. Something to keep in mind if you have extended warranty.

The other is that the insurance co won't give you any extra dosh for upgraded aftermarket parts. So I said fine, but I get to take them off and throw the stock stuff back in the trunk.They were cool with that, so I got to keep new diffuser etc etc etc.
Not sure if this is true. I had a 2 year extended warranty on my 2009 and I got in touch with the dealership to cancel it after a few months from purchase date and they cut me a prorated check.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Sidv22
Not sure if this is true. I had a 2 year extended warranty on my 2009 and I got in touch with the dealership to cancel it after a few months from purchase date and they cut me a prorated check.
You sure that was an MB extended warranty? Maybe its different where you live, but the language in the contract is pretty darn clear:

Old 10-04-2016, 11:18 AM

So I got a laughable (verbal) initial offer from insurance for the total loss - just curious what you all think would be a fair market value. I had a number in my mind, but don't want to influence the responses.

Here are the details:
2012 C63 Sedan, 49k miles. Purchased CPO and was still under CPO warranty (barely, 1mo remaining).
Original Options
Magnetite Black $720
Rear Camera $460
Limited Slip Differential Lock $2030
COMAND Single Disc Package $930
Lighting Package $1290
Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
So I got a laughable (verbal) initial offer from insurance for the total loss - just curious what you all think would be a fair market value. I had a number in my mind, but don't want to influence the responses.

Here are the details:
2012 C63 Sedan, 49k miles. Purchased CPO and was still under CPO warranty (barely, 1mo remaining).
Original Options
Magnetite Black $720
Rear Camera $460
Limited Slip Differential Lock $2030
COMAND Single Disc Package $930
Lighting Package $1290
what about the car? or do they just want to pay you for the cars options? insurance companies are retarded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement