Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement >

Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement

 
Old 09-21-2016, 01:28 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement

So I smashed up my C63 monday on the way to work, going to find out the extent of the damage in a few hours. I have a feeling it is going to be totaled (almost hope that it will be) as the front end took a nasty hit, I was probably going 30mph at impact.

So I've already started thinking about replacements - anyone know of any 2012 - 2014 sedans available? 507 would be nice but I know they are hard to come by.
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 01:30 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,232
Received 218 Likes on 166 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Need more of the story and also pics . Hope everyone is fine though.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 01:33 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
Need more of the story and also pics . Hope everyone is fine though.
Yes I'll update with pics and story when I get back from the shop
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 05:03 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 262
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C63
I hit a snow bank doing 15-20 and it cost 25k to fix and it was not totaled. Now I am fighting electrical gremlins and other nonsense.

Side note - I need your driver door panel!
AMGangster is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 05:07 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,723
Likes: 0
Received 497 Likes on 418 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Glad you're ok
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Story:
I was cruising along on my way to work when the other driver (who had a stop sign) pulled out in front of me from the right. He was trying to cross my lane of traffic to make a left towards my opposite direction. I had no time to react as he came out very quick, I tried to slam on the brakes but don't think I even got a chance to apply them before T-boning him directly in the drivers front wheel. Its a good thing I didn't hit his door or he would've been hurt pretty badly I think.

The other driver was an older guy and extremely apologetic so it was hard for me to get too mad at him, he was also ticketed and is accepting 100% liability. I think his GLE350 was less than a month old...

The prelim visual insurance inspection is ~$26k in damage (no details yet but I'll be getting those) so not a total yet. The shop will start tearing down later this week and add on anything that was missed or not visible. Ugh

Pics:








Last edited by tag81; 09-21-2016 at 07:03 PM.
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 05:58 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by AMGangster View Post
I hit a snow bank doing 15-20 and it cost 25k to fix and it was not totaled. Now I am fighting electrical gremlins and other nonsense.

Side note - I need your driver door panel!
Ugh that has me really worried if it ends up going as a repair. My driver door panel isn't 100% perfect as the front fender pushed back and rubbed when opening the door.
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 06:19 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,723
Likes: 0
Received 497 Likes on 418 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Hit another Benz... Irony
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 06:30 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 447
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Agreed that I would rather it be totaled so you can just get the whole value and move on. Looks very close to a total I think it will come down to the state of the engine and front frame.

If they fix it I would definitely go after his insurance company for diminished value as a car that has had most of the front end replaced is going to be very tough to sell someday.
realjones88 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,723
Likes: 0
Received 497 Likes on 418 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Originally Posted by realjones88 View Post
Agreed that I would rather it be totaled so you can just get the whole value and move on. Looks very close to a total I think it will come down to the state of the engine and front frame.

If they fix it I would definitely go after his insurance company for diminished value as a car that has had most of the front end replaced is going to be very tough to sell someday.
some shops like to avoid totaling the car and actually are in cahoots with the insurance company so that the body shop can make more money fixing a car with lots more damages, watch that ratio and make sure no one is scamming you
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 06:44 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,541
Received 298 Likes on 269 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
Hit another Benz... Irony
Same thought.

Glad everyone is OK, hopefully everything will go your way.
Adi-Benz is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:14 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 396
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG
Dang, airbags went off for that? I had a similar issue and no airbags deployed which I think saved me from salvage but it was 18k in damages.
C SEXY 3 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:15 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 396
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG
Let the parts scavengers emerge. Out from the dark you heathens!!
C SEXY 3 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ZephyrAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Relocated
Posts: 3,948
Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 View Post
Let the parts scavengers emerge. Out from the dark you heathens!!
LOL!

Sorry that happened, hope you are ok...
ZephyrAMG is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 08:46 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Arjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 470
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL, 2019 E450 Cabriolet
glad you are ok, sad for the car!
Arjy is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 10:28 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 262
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by tag81 View Post
Ugh that has me really worried if it ends up going as a repair. My driver door panel isn't 100% perfect as the front fender pushed back and rubbed when opening the door.
Mine was only front end damage. It didn't even get into the fender or door.

Did your airbags blow? That was the expensive part. Ton's of electrical modules need to be replaced to get it running again.
AMGangster is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 10:45 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,636
Received 658 Likes on 433 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGangster View Post
Did your airbags blow?
Scroll up.

https://i.imgur.com/jlxUaFT.jpg

They did
Jasonoff is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Tlnt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 260
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Sorry to hear it! Hope it works out in your favor!
Tlnt60 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 12:49 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
way more then 26k IMO ...I did something similar but i didn't hit anyone, just skid on ice and planted the car into a pole ..not as much damage as yours, just needed a new hood/bumper and head light ..total was around 20k

you have a lot more damage + your airbag went off ...sorry to see this. I'd say even close to 35-40k in damage on your car after looking again - both headlights alone will be like 8-12g's from MB of course ..mine was $4500 from MB back in 2010 so maybe they've come down in price

Hopefully you get the car fixed quick or a new one, mine was in the shop for almost a year waiting for body parts from Germany, im afraid now that they don't make W204's anymore it will be kind of a hassle to get body parts for as most MB dealers don't just have spare C63 body panels laying around

Last edited by MJames2; 09-22-2016 at 01:10 PM.
MJames2 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 01:52 PM
  #20  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by realjones88 View Post
Agreed that I would rather it be totaled so you can just get the whole value and move on. Looks very close to a total I think it will come down to the state of the engine and front frame.

If they fix it I would definitely go after his insurance company for diminished value as a car that has had most of the front end replaced is going to be very tough to sell someday.
Thanks, I already brought up diminished value with the person handling the claim and would definitely ask for some reimbursement if it ends up repaired.

Originally Posted by AMGangster View Post
Mine was only front end damage. It didn't even get into the fender or door.

Did your airbags blow? That was the expensive part. Ton's of electrical modules need to be replaced to get it running again.
Yes they did - both front fenders would need replacement. All seatbelts locked up so those would need replacement too.

Originally Posted by MJames2 View Post
...both headlights alone will be like 8-12g's from MB of course ..mine was $4500 from MB back in 2010 so maybe they've come down in price

Hopefully you get the car fixed quick or a new one, mine was in the shop for almost a year waiting for body parts from Germany, im afraid now that they don't make W204's anymore it will be kind of a hassle to get body parts for as most MB dealers don't just have spare C63 body panels laying around
$4500 for a headlight?!? I think MSRP on them is only ~$1600 apiece now. Also a year in the shop is crazy, that must have sucked bigtime. Teardown at the shop starts today so we will see if the estimate creeps up
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by tag81 View Post
Thanks, I already brought up diminished value with the person handling the claim and would definitely ask for some reimbursement if it ends up repaired.



Yes they did - both front fenders would need replacement. All seatbelts locked up so those would need replacement too.



$4500 for a headlight?!? I think MSRP on them is only ~$1600 apiece now. Also a year in the shop is crazy, that must have sucked bigtime. Teardown at the shop starts today so we will see if the estimate creeps up
yeah although the car was only a year old so thats probably why it was that much ..at least they've come down in price quite a bit ...hopefully everything works out for you
MJames2 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 492
Received 103 Likes on 68 Posts
2018 E400W4
Originally Posted by tag81 View Post
So I smashed up my C63 monday on the way to work, going to find out the extent of the damage in a few hours. I have a feeling it is going to be totaled (almost hope that it will be) as the front end took a nasty hit, I was probably going 30mph at impact.

So I've already started thinking about replacements - anyone know of any 2012 - 2014 sedans available? 507 would be nice but I know they are hard to come by.
Sorry for you incident but glad to see no one is hurt. Please let me know if this one will work for you. As you can see it has the P31 AMG Development Package which is very rare:

2013 with 36k miles.

C63
040 Black
221 Black Leather
H73 Carbon Fiber Trim
P31 P31 AMG Development Package: AMG Compound Braking System, Increase
923 : Power Increase (+30hp)
251 : Delimitation of top speed to 174 mph
U70 : Red Brake Calipers
U47 : Sport Package
P30 : AMG Performance Package Code
120 AMG Illuminated Door Sills
244 244 Classic Red/Black Two-Tone Nappa Leather Package: Classic
275 : Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
242 : Power Passenger Seat w/Memory
Y90 : Black Roof Liner
X83 : designo Classic Red/Charcoal
P64 : Memory Package
319 319 Lighting Package: Bi-Xenon Headlamps with Active Curve $
615 : Bi-Xenon Active Light System
608 : Intelligent Highbeam Control
600 : Headlamp Washing System
320 320 Multimedia Package: 7.0" Color Display, COMAND
512 : COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control
218 : Rearview Camera
471 Limited Slip Differential Lock
795 18-Inch AMG Twin 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
889 KEYLESS-GO $
993 993 Lane Tracking Package: Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist
476 : Lane Keeping Assist
234 : Blind Spot Assist
22P : Lane Tracking package code
Wassaby is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 03:00 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by MJames2 View Post
yeah although the car was only a year old so thats probably why it was that much ..at least they've come down in price quite a bit ...hopefully everything works out for you
Thanks - I am looking at the parts list in the insurance estimate and already see a lot of stuff missing (misc plastic brackets, shields, oil lines, radiator lines, etc). The big stuff is on there (radiator, oil cooler, trans oil cooler) but those little brackets and lines will add up real quick. I'm sure this is going to go way up once the shop does the real estimate.
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 03:07 PM
  #24  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2012 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by Wassaby View Post
Sorry for you incident but glad to see no one is hurt. Please let me know if this one will work for you. As you can see it has the P31 AMG Development Package which is very rare:

2013 with 36k miles.
Do you have a link to any pictures? Of course my being in the market all depends on how my car turns out...
tag81 is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 03:12 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 492
Received 103 Likes on 68 Posts
2018 E400W4
Originally Posted by tag81 View Post
Do you have a link to any pictures? Of course my being in the market all depends on how my car turns out...

Here: http://www.mblynnwood.com/seattle-us...GF7HB5DA850658
Wassaby is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrecked C63 and may be looking for a replacement


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: